Neil finishes the 46!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... I thought about you all day here in WNY - it was just as beautiful and I certainly wish I could have been there... Congratulations!! well... only 39 to go. I hope to be there on lots of those!! What a gang to celebrate with. Nice job to all. Life is sweet on days like this. :)

Way to go, guys. It's about time! Congratulations. What a great place to finish, and on a fantastic weekend. I was tramping around Lake Henderson and Duck Hole, with a side trip up Mt. Adams Sunday. What a weekend!
ALGonquin Bob

Tom R, those are some great pics of the day! I love that pic of the Washbowl Cliffs! My first time camping in the ADKs was at the lookout on the Ridge trail just before the Washbowl. Back then there wasn't a NO CAMPING sign there. That's what hooked me into the area, that view of the Chapel Pond cliffs and the view along the ridge to the Washbowl cliffs. Great stuff!

Neil, like I told you on Tim's site, the day was a blast. Mini and I had a great time, and it was such a thrill meeting all of the great people, especially You and your family! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics real soon? I'm also looking forward to Funky Freddys pics of the "Dipper Diversion Debacle". He must have some special pics, as long as they come out. There were some lighting issues that may effect picture quality. ( i.e. darkness)

And may I also add that I can't speak for everyone, but it was an honor to meet Pin Pin up there. He is quite inspirational, especially for those of us on the cusp of 50! You must feel honored for him to have been there?

Best of luck to you in your pursuit of the HH, and your slide almanac. Keep in touch.

Great Pictures!

Congratulations again Neil and Dominic. It looked to be the perfect day all the way around! I was there in "Spirit."

I've been pretty slow posting my pics and those I plan on stealing. Tom R., yours are great. I didn't know I could smile so broadly!! In the meanwhile I'd like to thank everybody who sent me their kind words of encouragement privately and publicly pre-hike and post hike. Those of you who went out of your way to be there, thank you very, very much. I've always eschewed celebrating publicly milestones (graduating, marriage etc.) and this was the first EVER public celebration of ANYTHING for me. What a great start! I could get used to it real easy.
I'll get the pics up next week.

What a great day that was! I can't wait to see Fred's pics also, esp that spider :eek:

Tom, you got some great pics also, wish I had gotten a chance to talk to you up top but you left soon after we arrived, I didn't realize you were an IBMer till I read your views and brews page :cool: now that's something I might be able to get my dad into.

I'll be posting my pictures in a few days also.

Justin, I forgot all about that spider! He was one big arachnid ! So is Ocsana (sp?) ever going into the woods after our little journey? My son thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing, even the walk out in pitch blackness. I know you left the Ark when we did and I didn't get home till 3:30 AM. I did have to take 2 power naps along the Northway. You said your ride was 6 hrs.? Ouch!

TR, yes there were a parcel of Toms on that hill. But Rik made it easier by designating Tom Jr. as 'minimass'. We both like it, so it's gonna stick.

mass, Oksana really enjoyed the trip though I think it will be awhile before we do another bushwack. But she misses the woods already :)

We didn't get home till 8:30am, took about a 3 hour nap just north of Albany and then a couple more 1 hour ones along the way. We just took it easy getting back. The highlight of the trip home was a minivan engulfed in flames just outside of Syracuse (torward Rochester) :eek: we were a lane and a half over passing it slowly and you could still feel the tremendous heat coming through the doors!

Dynotrick said:
mass, Oksana really enjoyed the trip though I think it will be awhile before we do another bushwack. But she misses the woods already :)

We didn't get home till 8:30am, took about a 3 hour nap just north of Albany and then a couple more 1 hour ones along the way. We just took it easy getting back. The highlight of the trip home was a minivan engulfed in flames just outside of Syracuse (torward Rochester) :eek: we were a lane and a half over passing it slowly and you could still feel the tremendous heat coming through the doors!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: is right! Hope no one was injured/killed.

Dynotrick, thanks and thanks! Is it you or your Dad (or both) that work for Big Blue? Sorry we missed each other up there on RPR.

Thank you Tom for your nice pics, it was a great day. Those are good souvenir of that day. I did not know people on the top of RPR except Neil that i communicate a few times via the forum, but it was nice gang.
I have something to ask you. I send you a PM.

Well I'm really upset right now because my dad erased all our trip pictures off the camera before saving them, an accident but still :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyways I putting out a plea to everyone on the trip for any pictures you may have of us and the trip in general. In return I can offer free prints (within reason, any size up to 8x12) of pictures from this trip.

email: jburr3 @ rochester . rr . com (just take out the spaces)

Thanks
Justin

Last edited:
masshysteria said:
Frederick, the suspense is killing me! Where are those pictures?!

Sorry, I haven't had much time to post pics since I've been back in NYC (which is an armed camp again these days :eek: ). I'll try to do it in the next few days, though......

Nice pictures. Looking at them, I see that there are a few nice ones with your son. It made me think, that 18 years of hiking with my sons, and I don't have any pictures of me with any of them.... well, maybe one.

Good that you have some.