new memorial plaque on Mount Clay

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sugarloafer said:
It's odd isn't it ? Nobody in this community has heard of her and you'd think that someone with a strong enough connection to the mountains that their friends and family would go through the time, expense and effort to get it there, would have some mention of them in their obituary. The obituary pic looks like the same person as the one on the memorial, but is anyone sure ?

If you go to the obituary that Waumbek posted early in this thread, and from there you go to the funeral home, and then search for her name, you can read condolences and memories left in an online guest book. From there, you can learn a few things about her. One friend wrote about skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and Mount Washington. If I remember correctly, her memorial plaque faces in the general direction of Mount Washington. So, there is a connection. It is also likely that the plaque is a result of that group of friends who shared in her alpine adventures.

I won't go into any more details, but you can read it yourself if you care to.

Tim

Paradox said:
Did you go to MIT?
No.
bikehikeskifish said:
If you go to the obituary that Waumbek posted early in this thread, and from there you go to the funeral home, and then search for her name, you can read condolences and memories left in an online guest book. From there, you can learn a few things about her. One friend wrote about skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and Mount Washington. If I remember correctly, her memorial plaque faces in the general direction of Mount Washington. So, there is a connection. It is also likely that the plaque is a result of that group of friends who shared in her alpine adventures.Tim
I would rule out hoax at this point. Too many details for too little exposure.

-Dr. Wu

bikehikeskifish said:
If you go to the obituary that Waumbek posted early in this thread, and from there you go to the funeral home, and then search for her name, you can read condolences and memories left in an online guest book. From there, you can learn a few things about her. One friend wrote about skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and Mount Washington. If I remember correctly, her memorial plaque faces in the general direction of Mount Washington. So, there is a connection. It is also likely that the plaque is a result of that group of friends who shared in her alpine adventures.

Tim

Thanks for filling that blank.......I admit I didn't do that level of research.

wardsgirl said:
I think if the trail had a special significance for Carol's family and friends, they might consider adopting that trail through the AMC or WMNF Adopt-a-Trail programs. This could be a fitting tribute to Carol, without the legal ramifications of a plaque. For many years, my sweetie and I have maintained the section of the Twinway where we met (14 years ago). I happen to know the adopters of the Mt. Clay Loop and they hadn't heard of the plaque until I pointed it out to them.
After reading the funeral home's memory and condolences book I think this former expression of wardsgirl seems even more pertinent. It might not be for evryone but promotes both rememberance, preservation, and a good cause.
BTW, thanks for providing that link waumbek.

bikehikeskifish said:

Tim

Tim, you do remember correctly. And that was the information I was looking for when starting the thread!