Pictures from Mt. Rainier & Thanks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClimbHi

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and congratulations. As a new member of VFTT, I'm amazed at the support of the group.

The group I climbed with was amazing. The team spirit and cooperation was incredible. This trip worked well on all levels.

I just put a few pictures on www.kodak.com. Hopefully this link works. (Copy it into your browser if needed)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=17k8c8wj.skrzorb&x=0&y=gagypv

(Click on VIEW PHOTOS WITHOUT SIGNING IN).

You'll probably notice, there's no pictures between Camp Muir and the summit...to busy putting one foot in front of the other. I know that others did take pictures, so way more to follow..
Thanks Again...Can't wait to do more climbs!!!

ClimbHi :D :D :D

awesome carol - I am getting my trip report going and need to develop my pix - I don't have a digi camera - I am a loser - I am going to run my trip repot by my team today or tommorow and then post.

Carol???

Guy,

Carol's much better looking than me. I'm the other Carol...
Look forward to your trip post. Glad to hear your made it home OK.

Bruce

Nice pictures Bruce (Giggy, Carol is Daxs ;) ) I have a bunch of pictures from the summit day as I would take a lot of pictures of mostly Arm, Terri, Dani, and you since we kind of were together for most of the summit climb after the DC scramble. Until you guys put on the afterburners! :D

I also have some of Ed and you I think too but not as Arm's team. I really hope my picture of sunrise on top of the cleaver comes out, it was awesome to view.

Jay

P.S. I weighed myself last night and I lost like 5lbs since I left in July...

Last edited:
Bruce,
Excellent photo essay. I understand your not having time to take pics from the DC to the summit: you and Ed were hauling a**! I, however, have plenty to add later (hopefully tonight, but the grass is calling me to mow it first!). Snails make good photographers!

BTW, it was also a pleasure to climb (and celebrate) with you. Don't be a stranger, particularly when in Maine!

Guinness,

Excellent photos, beautifully presented. Thanks again for all your hard work in organizing and executing the trip. Plus the presentation of your photographs.

On a different subject, Denali does sound enticing....

ClimbHi

after seeing the bikini girl I now relaized the huge mistake I made in coming down the night before. Guinness, Dax, Tmax and I saw nothing like this (though probably only guinness and I would have cared!!) - not only did we have to drive an hour extra to tacoma to find a hotel after climbing and being up for nearly 24 hours - who cares about that - I missed that particular sight.

I think I saw the bikini girl too on the way down before Bruce. She had the top on but was wearing shorts over the bikini bottom unfortunately. She congrated me on the summit and asked how long it took...

I think I was focused on getting ice cream at the Paradise Inn though...

Jay

Hey, that was me!

(Yeah right!)

I did Rainer a couple years ago when I found myself out in Seattle on bidniz. I learned on the trip that I get "fat fingers" at altitude, and probably shouldn't live anywhere higher than 1,000 feet. Some snoring b'tard kept all of us in camp Muir awake all night besides...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:
Great pictures and trip reports. Thanks for letting the extended VftT community share in your adventure.

-dave-