"Pound the Presis" - Presi travese to benefit TBTS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't carry 4 gallons of water up Valley Way and you'll be fine.. :) Right Giggy.... right??? :D :eek: :D ;) :p

Jay

what is the correct way to spell the plural AND possessive of Presi? i would set up a poll for this, but wouldn't that be silly?

plural....presis? example: washington and adams are two of the presis...

possessive...presi's? example: can you name one of the presi's summits?

plural possessive....presis'? example: two of the presis' summits are washington and adams.......

There will be no grading on this quiz.....;)

...jade

Jay H said:
Don't carry 4 gallons of water up Valley Way and you'll be fine.. :) Right Giggy.... right??? :D :eek: :D ;) :p

Jay

hehehehe - little history on this - last year, I was "Rainier Training" so, was carrying roughly 45 pounds on the traverse, in pouring rain, and very hungover :eek: - needless to say - I did some good ole fashioned vomiting heading up the VW trail - was feeling better by ADAMS :D :eek: :D

I ended up dumping the water weight on the wash cone. I had had enough abuse that in conjuction with wind pouring rain and by that time, so bad pretty nasty blistering issues. rough day!!

I don't recommend this!!!! go light and go sober and get drunk sat eve. the comment above about carbo loading was a joke.

Jade - not even gonna attempt to answer that question -

Last edited:
Nice, gig. Hey, I always own up to it, too!!

Jade - I don't see any other way. I believe Presis' is correct. Actually, I can't wait to see what each of the Presis' have to offer on my upcoming Presi Traverse. (I also can't wait to see what my legs/knees have going to offer, too!)

My tummy used to sport a 6-pack....ahh the good old days..... :eek:

I no longer drink....but I will try to remember to bring some locally brewed ale--Berkishire Brewery or People's Pint.....

...jade

Last edited:
giggy said:
Jay - I spoke with shizzmac on friday - he is planning to bring his grill(s). We should help him out with some coleman fuel cannisters. He and Woody should be getting there about the same time as us - so we should be ok as far as claiming sites.
1) Shizzy uses full size 15 lb tanks. Cuff him some cash for burgers instead (he will appreciate it)
2) Take sites 3 and 4 to allow for the best parking options. Site 3 is downhill, across the road and is where "quiet" campers should set up. This arrangement allows you 6 parking spaces within 150 feet of each other.

I "may" make an appearance, but will need a ride up to Jefferson (Israel River CG, about 4 miles away). I will also have a large keyboard (my Mom's B'day present - came in one day late). So, can anyone give me a ride up, anytime on Friday? Shizzy?

One other thing: traversers usually arrive at Madison Hut at/near breakfast or cleanup, making it tough to get water. If it looks quiet when you first arrive, tank up, and stash what you don't want to carry up Madison. If not, tank up after summitting Madison. Paying customers (i.e. overnight guests) get served first, and you could be waiting a long time for water if you don't keep that in mind. This weekend is historically Presi Traverse weekend, so you will NOT be alone!

Last edited:
I'm sure one of us can give you a ride to IR, Sherpa, hope you can make it.

Guy, I win! I thought Shizz had regular propane canisters...

I thought about stopping and getting groceries, but if Shizz is going to buy them too, we'll just spot him some cash, no problem. I want to get to the campsites ASAP and then we can go shopping somewhere near there.

Jay

Not this year

With great regret, I have to back out of this year's event. So wish I could be there but other plans have been made. (NOT BY ME!!!!)

I just received a dunning email from bubba extorting more of my hard earned money for this worthy event. Bubba, a check is in the mail.

teejay

SherpaK - We are most likely headed north on Thursday night and would be glad to give you a ride then if that helps you out at all. If the forecast for Fri should be for rain as of Thursday at noon, we would be heading up Fri AM. Give us a shout via email if you need us to pick you up.

This is pretty touching

I'm on my final fundraising bout for sponsorships and have sent out an email to most of my address book. It's sorta fun in that I included some friends I haven't been in contact with for months, maybe even years. The email included pictures of the Presidential Range and offered information on what we were all up to on the 17th. (some lucky VFFTr's even rec'd one!! :) )

What I want to share with you is from a friend who is now living outside Denver, CO. Here it is, it choked me up a bit...

Good to hear you're still pushing the limits, Dick! The timing is amazing... my friend (and supervisor) here at Group Publishing -- we sit right next to each other -- is dealing with her mother's recent diagnosis of multiple brain tumors. I'd be happy to sponsor you "per peak." So let me know the results -- either via this email address, or mail to me at xxxxxxxxxx, Loveland, CO. And while you're up there in God's Country, if you find a beautiful spot, scratch "Peggy's Mom" on a rock -- so my prayers will come from East and West!

Let's Rock... for all those having to deal. (BTW, the donations are coming in strong!!)

giggy said:
my freinds are losers - I managed to whip up 25 bucks - johnb - donated online

I got a couple friends to donate online but, I send an email to a ton of people. My parents haven't even kicked in anything! :(

They did ask how things were going with this and said that they hope my ankle is feeling better and that the weather is good for us though... :eek:

I am also not having a successful time of raising money :( I think I have about $70. I am just not super comfortable asking people for money. Sorry.

I'm being a bit coy here... I was hoping to pull in about $500 or so and I'm already well over that with donations and pledges... and I haven't even begun to put on any pressure!!!

I've sat on a board for 20 years at the lake and tomorrow is the annual meeting. That should be good for several more $$$. I can't wait to hit on the Town Accessor who asked to be a guest speaker!! :p

We're doing okay on the FirstGiving site. Figure if we all pull in a little it all adds up. Get out there... you can do it!! :cool:

Weather Channel

Paradox said:
Check out the 10 day forcast on the weather channel: No rain :) in the forecast on Mt. Washington or Lincoln, NH for Tues through Sunday :) ! Oh happy days! :) Oh happy days! :)

I would trust a ouiji board before the Weather Channel. On Friday, TWC said it was raining, while I was hiking in the sun!

Fred