Saw a Bald Eagle on the way to work this morning.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
I was east bound on I84 between Newtown and Southbury. The eagle was west bound. At first I thought it was a plane or ultra-light (this thing was big), then maybe a turkey vulture, but this was bigger, definately different wing span and profile. Then I saw the white head and got a good look as it passed directly over me. This was where the highway is closest to the area where they feed and nest on the Housatonic/Lake Zoar. I knew they were there but have never seen one flying around. Pretty good way to start the day ! I didn't get this good a view of an eagle when we were in the Tetons and Yellowstone !

I was east bound on I84 between Newtown and Southbury. The eagle was west bound. At first I thought it was a plane or ultra-light (this thing was big), then maybe a turkey vulture, but this was bigger, definately different wing span and profile. Then I saw the white head and got a good look as it passed directly over me. This was where the highway is closest to the area where they feed and nest on the Housatonic/Lake Zoar. I knew they were there but have never seen one flying around. Pretty good way to start the day ! I didn't get this good a view of an eagle when we were in the Tetons and Yellowstone !
And here I thought there were only Turkeys in CT! :eek:

(Joke!)

:D

And here I thought there were only Turkeys in CT! :eek:

"Now listen, you...."

Cleese.jpg

Aren't they an impressive site? I saw one a few years ago when I was kayaking on 1st Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg.

I saw two on my way to Central NY from the Dacks last Monday. One was at the Piseco Outlet and the second was near Hinkley Reservoir. I couldn't believe my luck!

When I was living in the Catskills and doing a lot of kayaking on the Delaware, early morning sightings of them were fairly common. They are beautiful and impressive creatures:).