The Debut of the Bright Blue Snow Pants... or Isolation to Complete My 48 x 4 in 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I know someone who is jealous..besides Drew:

Smurfette.jpg

Nice shot but I guess they aren't that blue.

But this IS:

CIMG1318.JPG

Congrats girly. You'd make a good guide now. Not because of how many times you've done the 48 but because no one would ever lose sight of those pants out in front!:cool:

Hope your journey never stops.

You have way too much fun

that shot on iso would make a good tee shirt as it is evident

Life is Good

great job on achieving this year's goal....

Thank you all for the lovely messages. I must admit it feels strange to finally be done. Does this actually mean that I'll have two weekends of list-free hiking? Hmmm...

This winter I'm hoping to branch out a little and check out some of the Maine peaks. Might pay Vermont a visit as well, and the ADK. :cool:

The snow pants are made by North Face, but (for reasons unbeknownst to me) they have decided to discontinue the electric blue color. I'm very glad that I was able to snap them up at the Backcountry.com Outlet when I did, as this season's colors are so awfully DRAB. :D

This winter I'm hoping to branch out a little and check out some of the Maine peaks. Might pay Vermont a visit as well, and the ADK. :cool:

The snow pants are made by North Face, but (for reasons unbeknownst to me) they have decided to discontinue the electric blue color. I'm very glad that I was able to snap them up at the Backcountry.com Outlet when I did, as this season's colors are so awfully DRAB. :D

Better be careful wearing extreme colors in Maine and Vermont. :eek:

My former student whose Tucks snowpit study will be published in the journal Windswept this coming spring now works for Backcountry.com; something about better b/c skiing challenges in the Wasatch? :confused: He skied four winters with the gang that carved up all the cirques on Mount Washington in one day last spring in which he was recognized in absentia with one of the photos at the top of Oaks Gulf (he goes by the screen name Salida on the b/c ski sites).

Woohoo, way to go!

Now with the debut of your snow pants, I wonder if I have to give up my trail name?? :rolleyes:

You should give VT, ME and NY a chance next... or at least take up skiing more this winter in NH.

-Liza

LRiz
Congratulations on your accomplishment! When we've read your reports over the past year, we sit back and just say "look at her go". And you are also quite the photographer.
Maine, Vermont and New York - Go for it!
Nice pants too. By the way, Blue is my favorite color.

Donna:)

Last edited:
I wonder...if you stood on Washington, and someone stood on Marcy, could they see your pants on a clear day?

Very well done, Larisa! I just showed this thread to my 9 yo daughter Abby.
She wanted to let you know that she was impressed that you took your bad experience with your Dad, and used it to set a goal for yourself. Also, she digs the new pants!:cool:

Abby also wants to know if your favorite color is blue?:)

Amazing accomplishment! Between you and ADK88, it's good to know that there are other highly motivated youngins out and about in the mountains!

Slacker... :D

That's awesome Larisa!
You've certainly come a long way since puking all over your dad's truck.

So many beautiful mountains to explore in the northeast.
some are even under 4K.

I think I see a 46x4 in your future.
Once you go Dak, you never go back!
Well...

Reactions: arm
Hey, those are some pretty kick-ass snowpants.

Seriously, congratulations. That's kind of a huge project for a year. I had no idea you started hiking so recently. It's all the more huge in that light.

Way to go ...