The Debut of the Bright Blue Snow Pants... or Isolation to Complete My 48 x 4 in 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRiz

Reaction score
Yesterday on Isolation I realized my biggest goal of this year - to consecutively hike the New Hampshire 48 in winter, spring, summer, and fall of 2009.

One of the greatest things in life is discovering those things that challenge and inspire us. Back in 2007, I was a girl so terribly out of shape that I could not carry my own backpack down from Jefferson (my Dad was not pleased to have to double up, nor was he particularly amused when I proceeded to throw up all over his truck due to overexertion). Yet as daunting and miserable as my first "adult" hike was, I felt an instant connection to these mountains that has stayed with me since.

Through these mountains I've made many new friends. I've reached - and pushed past - physical limits that I once thought to be unattainable. I've grown tremendously as a person. I've discovered what it feels like to have a clear personal goal, and to follow it through to completion.

These mountains have quite honestly changed my life for the better. Although my 2009 48 x 4 might be over, I know I'll continue to find and pursue new challenges within the Whites. The question is... what? :cool:

On a lighter note, I would like to introduce my fabulous new snow pants. We may have been without clear skies on Isolation, but there was still plenty of blue to go around... ;)

Isolation.jpg

I'll be the first to give you a huge CONGRATULATIONS!! You have shown some awesome determination!! I'm sure that, not being very familiar with the Whites, I don't even recognize what an accomplishment this is. But I still say awesome job, way to go, and I wish you much happy hiking in the future!!!! :D

Neat and inspiring story! And what an accomplish! I will keep an eye out for the blue snow pants this winter and step out-a your way...sounds like you tear up them trails:cool:

Roses are red, your snow pants are blue
My congratulations go out to you!

Hey, how did you get the photo of you in mid air . . . a hiking companion who's a great photographer, or did you manage to do this on your own as a self-timer shot?

Congrats! I've never been to the Whites, but have always enjoyed reading your reports. You always look like you're having a ton 'o fun! Come on over to the ADK's and set some new goals!!
Sweet pants....who needs blue skies?

New Goal ....

I say its time to do something outside of NH now. How about Rainier ? I got to the 11,000 ft level. Never reached the summit. With your determination ... not a problem. Stayed in a tent at Camp Muir .. talk about cool views. Try it; you'll like it. :p

nice job larisa. i'm glad you could overcome your physical set back earlier in the year and make your goal. an inspiration as always.
jefferson was my first successful 4000 ft. peak and the real start of my adult hiking career as well. it also ended with me throwing up, but thankfully in the woods.
hope 2010 is great for you as well. how could it not be with snow pants like that.

bryan

I love those pants....lets shop together again soon....:D

Huge congrats, Rizzy. You are an inspiration in many ways. I can't wait to know what you will be up to when you reach my age. :)

great stuff, not my thing, but totally respect the determination to "get er done". Huge congrats.

start thinking "west" my freind....you have had it too easy in NH... you need to get your ass kicked now:):):)

Hope to see ya on the trails - just not tom feild or willey..;)

but really - great job - keep it going and fun

Last edited: