Trails You're Ashamed to Admit You Haven't Hiked Yet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gulfside, Garfield Ridge, Bondcliff south of Bondcliff.

I've started paying attention to the trails I haven't done yet. Not exactly redlining, but definitely looking to explore new paths.

Glen Boulder Trail. It's been on my to-do list for about three years now.

I've been all around it, but for one reason or another, I've never managed to get up or down it.

Maybe next year....

Quite a few Presi trails for redlining: Castle, Boott Spur & Link, Davis Path north of the Isolation trail, 6 Husbands, etc. etc.

Once I do Downes Brook, Bolles, Sawyer River/Pond, and the upper part of Sabbaday, I've got the Kanc covered.

Tuckerman's Ravine from the shelters up:eek:

Ditto. Been to base of ravine, upper portion from Alpine Garden on, but never up the ravine itself. I have been all around it (Huntington Ravine, Alpine Garden, Lion's Head, Boott Spur, Ammonoosuc, Jewell, Davis Path, and Crawford Path).

Galehead Hut

Galehead Hut. Every year I plan to hike the range from Franconia Notch to 302 and every year something else happens. :confused:

Ammo. Ravine, Caps Ridge.

Anyone ever make the loop of the two including Boundary Line Tr./Jeff. Notch Rd., Gulfside, Crawford, etc including all summits en route and possibly Monroe if time/energy allow?...think it's something in the neighborhood of 14 miles maybe?

I had my eye on it this year but never got the right day weather-wise.

Last edited:
There was one section of the AT here in CT that I was always south of or north of (the road and river walk north of Limerock). I finally "forced" myself to extend a hike through that area.

There are still too many on my list to be ashamed yet. Perhaps I should be ashamed that there are still too many on my list. :eek:. Nah.

Ammo. Ravine, Caps Ridge.

Anyone ever make the loop of the two including Boundary Line Tr./Jeff. Notch Rd., Gulfside, Crawford, etc including all summits en route and possibly Monroe if time/energy allow?...think it's something in the neighborhood of 14 miles maybe?

I had my eye on it this year but never got the right day weather-wise.
I've done a similar hike up Caps but coming down Jewell after Washington, very doable but much nicer in good weather.

There are plenty of trails I haven't hiked (even in NH) but I'm not sure there's any I'm ashamed of not having been to. Thinking of hikes I wanted to do this year many of which I didn't get to, more of them are repeats of something I liked than something new.

Anything in New Hampshire. I've driven by it for 32 years to get to Maine and never stopped.

Maddy-where is that a picture of?!?

Kevin-I thought I was planning a big trip to King's Canyon and Sequoia, but that sojourn is truly long distance travel.

All of the trails leading up Mt. Washington :eek: yes, of this I am ashamed. However, I'm proud to say I have also never taken the Cog to the summit either.

The "100 Mile Wilderness" section of the (Maine) AT. I've always said that I'm going to finish the bits and pieces of the AT that I have left to do first, before finishing that 100 mile stretch. Many of my hiking companions hike this section often, and they can't believe I always turn down their offers to go. And sadly, some of my hiking friends who used to go there frequently have now lost the ability to hike long distances.

I finished my 46 in the Adirondacks without ever going through Avalanche Pass. Still haven't, I am now saving it to be the last trail I hike in the High Peaks.

I have never hiked Monadnock!:eek:

Same here... and I live like 40 minutes away so it's entirely inexcusable.

I'm also ashamed have to not to have climbed Washington at all from the Pinkham side (would love to try Huntington in particular). For some reason, the Flume Slide trail also comes to mind.