VFFT Gathering 7.05 (!) atop Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenifer: awesome shots! But after seeing what my glasses actually look like -- SpongeBob, they're all yours! :eek:

Alpinista--noooo!! They are very cool.

Great pics everyone! I think ya'll are giving DM aka "photo man" a run for his money.

Bob: Thanks so much! But your pictures are fantastic, too... the summit pictures, the birds, the sunrise, all terrific. And you and I look at similar things -- I think some of our pictures are near duplicates of each other!

SherpaK: Yeah, I suppose my abruptly stopping and dropping to the ground in the middle of a hike can be disconcerting to others. :) But hey. Fir needles down the back, leaves in the hair, wet shorts from sitting on wet ground... the things we do for art!

Alpinista: Oh, no, please don't get rid of your glasses! You never know when you're going to need to blow some soap bubbles.

Great pictures everyone! I'm going to have to try the viewpoint from the trail level...or at least finally capture the summit from my usual reclining position!

I think if I had approached the summit of Moosilauke back at the start of my 4's adventure in '02 and seen that crowd on the summit, I might have run back down in fear! :D Nice crowd!!!!

I'll let y'all know when my finish date approaches. It won't be winter. Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go RIGHT NOW. I'm itching to see the remaining trails & summits, and my personal life may dictate an abrupt end to my hiking obsession in the near future. Well, not the obsession, just the ability to easily feed it! Hope to meet a few more of you out there before I go!

And one more WOOHOO! to you Michael! Lots of great memories in all those pictures!

Congratulations MichaelJ on finishing your 48!

We've been lurking on this site for a long time but this occasion calls for us to come out of the woodwork and make ourselves known.

You know us as John & June. We've run into you several times: overnighting at Guyot shelter with Jen for Flags on the 48 in 2003, on the Hancocks this summer and also at the Mooseland Grill for Flags on the 48 in 2004.

Don't want to be too wordy our first time out so Congratulations again and we'll see you in the mountains!

J & J Welcome! Aren't you the same great folks Sky, Ghostdog, and I met this winter on the slopes of Cannon? Then in the summer at the Mtn Wonderer bookstore after a hike on the Osceolas? Yes, that was you and us!

Hey MtnMagic!

Yup it's us. Still getting out most every weekend. Lately we've spent some time in the Mahoosucs and got out to the pond at the end of Red Rock Brook. Just having fun!

J&J

Great to hear from you, great to meet you in the mountains. See you good folks soon.

May all your hikes be magnificent!

Excellent! Welcome to VFTT! Sure shocked me to see you at the Mooseland after Fot48 (in a good way) and it's great to see you here now.

Mahoosucs, eh? I wonder if you bumped into Poison Ivy on her adventure last weekend (in the trip reports)?