VFFT Gathering 7.05 (!) atop Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MichaelJ: Once we made it through the monsoon ride, the camping was fine. I have a vague recollection of a signal fire being sent up in the wee hours of the morn:eek: Camping with Shizzmac, BoB, Darren, Chomp. Laure, JohnS and Mike the brewer is always good. Things to remember:
1) when the ranger appears, be swift of a) foot, b) wit. I hopefully was the latter.
2) the proper response to "looks like there was a lot of drinking here last night" is "well, a lot of people came and went"
3) 2 cars per site, does not mean 6. The proper response is "we're too drunk to drive" (thank you Sean)
4) Sean is the uncontested car camping king
5) the proper response to "a rake would be nice" is NOT "don't push it, dude"
6) Hiking aspirations following a night camping with this crew go from: a) Presi traverse (11PM), b) Mt Kancamagus bushwhack (midnight), c) Webster-Jackson loop (8AM), d) Sugarloaf's (noon)

Break time...

Last edited:
Yikes, Darren! I guess even editors need editors. VFFT includes a profanity :D, but I've since edited it to the traditional VFTT. Nice catch:eek:

I still have a little work to do on my pictures but they should be finished tonight.

Think THIS
might be Darrens next avatar? ??

:D

Bob

Hey MichaelJ

Way to go on finishing the 48! I can only hope to convince some people to hike Cabot with me whenever I finish!

I may have not made it because of playing in a women's ice hockey game, but I did manage to knock over a few opposing team players in your honor. :)

Nice job!
Wooo Hooo!

-Blue

Sounds like you guys had quite a party, and it looks like it wasnt that dry either...:D

We definately should have stayed, but unfortunately we had our own party to attend to down near the bottom of the mountain. Makes me feel a little better i was not the only one lugging glass bottles around though:p

Congrats MichaelJ!

OH yeah i saw my first moose ever in the whites! i have only seen 2 before, and this one was the biggest. It was a younger bull, but it was still huge... Made my early saturday morning

Nice finish MichaelJ!

A big congratulations MichaelJ! You sure know how to pack a summit.

Hey all, I had a really fun time. It was great to meet so many more VFTTer friends and it's always great to see old friends.

Hey Nonlegit, I'm glad I got to the top early enough to meet you. I'll post that picture I took of you and your friend sometime this week.

Let's never stop hiking ...can't wait to catch up with you all again!

Sorry to have missed a bunch of you at the summit and back at The Station, but the four of us (Me, Laure (pronounced Lor), Sean and Bob) had a great hike up Beaver Brook.. AND a great nights sleep and a great breakfast. It just meant that we didn't get going until 10:30, thats all. :)

As for Sunday, Laure (or VSA, take your pick) and I drove over to Pinkham and we hiked up Tucks and down Boott Spur. It was a fantastic day to be out and above treeline. Hope the rest of you had a good hike as well.

And congrats again, Mike.

chomp

I had a TERRIFIC time meeting everyone on Saturday! I'd been wanting for a while to meet a lot of you folks in person, and lo and behold, it only took one hike to meet all of you. :D

Turns out I did NOT have a login here after all. Silly me... but I just fixed that.

I'll put pictures up tonight. Best-documented hike in the whole Northeast, wasn't it?

Always good to see someone savour and appreciate a fine scotch :D

Bob

Hey Michael J,

Awesome job! And you picked a fine one to finish on....

Looks like I missed quite the party. With all that booze on the summit, it's a wonder that Ted Kennedy didn't show up :D

Congratulations!!!!