VFFT Gathering 7.05 (!) atop Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinista

Reaction score
VFTT Gathering 7.05 (!) atop Moosilauke

Half of the VFTT world was atop Mt. Moosilauke yesterday, so I'll spare the trip report. But here are some pix. Given all the digital equipment atop the peak, I'm sure there will be even more shots coming!

http://community.webshots.com/album/192097458AOZUQV

It was awesome meeting everyone and having a fantabulous celebration atop Moosilauke for MichaelJ's entry into the NH48 club!:D

Last edited:
Mucho congrats MichaelJ! (not to be confused w MJ)

Certainly looks like it was properly celebrated!

Rather be there than here (as the branches sway and crack outside my window)

What's next intrepid trekker?

Chao,

Gris

I was up there just hikin around with a friend, and had no idea that anyone else vftt would be up there, but i heard the names hikerbob and donna and had to go ask! I met a few people up there (we summited around 11:15), and then met sherpak on the way down. We headed down partially because my friend was cold, and we were hungry and had left most of our food with our big packs a little below the beaver pond shelter (which i am sure some of you found since i hid them maybe 5 feet off the trial...ok we just threw them off to the side :D )

I am still speechless. I was totally blown away by the group I got for the climb up the Gorge Brook Trail, and even more happily surprised to see those of you already on the summit or arriving from different routes. I can't express how wonderful and amazing it felt: to finish my 48, and to do so surrounded by friends (at times, paparazzi). It was a great, GREAT day.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I took almost no pictures at all, so I'll be scarfing your photos for my album, but I will write up a trip report (including a beautiful trip up Welch-Dickey today) as soon as I can.

Now to watch the Sox finish clobbering the Yankees and take a hot shower.
:D

Ps - "are you the Dave Metsky?"

Congratulations again Michael!

Karen and I were happy we could be there for your day.

It was a great day and I managed to take over 200 pictures! I may have some online by later tonight. I'll also put up a special directory with full size images of 'people on the peak' that folk can download from.

Also great to meet so many more faces behind the names.

Gotta go - pictures to develop ;)

Bob

Great Job Michael!

It was great to meet and chat with many from this board and join in the celebration for Michael. Reinforces the idea of community on this and other boards.

Just a side note...but apparently if you finish your 48 on Moosilauke...you can expect a wide variety of libations. Including a very smooth scotch. Won't say who provides that...but let's just say his last name ryhmes with a former hockey great named Wayne _________".

Peace.

Nonlegit - sorry to have missed you. We took a relaxed pace up, and I hung back to make sure I was last arriving, and we just missed each other.

Gris - I'd like to visit the peaks of the '67, and it would be awesome to time it for a VT finish at Gathering 8.0; however, there are so many other hikes I want to do, various bushwhacks, some out-of-the-way places, and this winter I want to do some ski-with-sled-and-camp trips as well as downhill skiing, so I don't know. I barely get enough vacation time as it is, without spending a week in Baxter and up in Rangely. So I'm just going to play it by ear for the moment and see what happens.

Sherpa & Co - how was camping?
:eek:

Now, Ivy ... I told you, you could have gone up Carrigain with Dawn's group and finished yours that day!
:)

Thanks, Dawn, and congrats to you and Tom and the two names I can't remember on your 115! Now you match your screen name. :D

Ivy -- when do you plan to finish? And I gather from MichaelJ's post that your 48th is Carrigain? After Saturday's hike, I've decided I hike much stronger and smoother after a few swigs of champagne, beer and Scotch in me! ;)

Once again, congrats to all the new 48'ers and 115'ers from this past week. I had a great time this weekend and was glad I could make it.

4 shots of scotch on a summit is a new record for me....not one that I think I will ever break. I think the burgers that shawn made were a record too...another one that shouldn't be broken. Although I'm sure it was the onions that gave Chomp some problems.

Awesome weekend - awesome people!

- darren

ps: what is "VFFT"????