VFTT MT Rainier Attempt, 8/1-3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! I know for a fact that the "HIGH" you will get from this will last at least 20 years. Go Team VFTT!

:)

Rainier... that's like.... a lot of 'up' right? :eek:

He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary. (Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra)
I'll be with you in spirit. Be lucky and safe.

Bob

Best wishes for a safe journey up and down to all on your newest "4K" attempt!

Hope somebody can send some live cell phone pix from the summit -- should be no problem getting a signal from the highest point between Whitney and Logan.

looking forward to your trip report and pics!

Godspeed, Friends!

SherpaKroto said:
Tomorrow morning, Guinness, giggy, Daxs, JayH, Arm, skimom, TMax, Marco, Yvonne, sli74, ClimbHi, and me (affectionately known as VFTT Rainier Team 2005) are all flying out to Seattle ...
What?! The Doctor didn't make the cut?!

Wow, this is the team that I would want with me on Rainier! (Ya know, if it weren't for this darn, new job ...)

Have a safe, great time and bring back lots of stories for the Gathering campfires. Remember, those of us stuck in our cubicles live vicariously through your adventures!

Reactions: yam
Ahhhh.....Rainier
Rainier.jpg

Best of luck to SherpaK and the gang!

Climb well, grasshoppers! Best wishes for a safe attainment of your true goal--the parking lot. :)

I have a feeling that the entire VFTT community is with you in spirit.

So, what list is this one on???? :D

Rock On !!

Best of luck, I'm sure y'all will succeed...

"I've got two brain cells left, and they're both wearing party hats"

Tim Seaver said:
Ahhhh.....Rainier
Rainier.jpg

Best of luck to SherpaK and the gang!

Ah never get tired of that view over Reflection Lake. Did you know that if you turn around and put the lake behind you across the street is a trail. It leads to an awesome hike up to the Pinnacle Saddle, Plummer Peak, The Pinnacle and The Castle in the Tatoosh Range. Great scrambles.

Oh and Antler Peak is just to the right of the edge of the picture here along that high ridge in Sunrise. Can't wait to get back.

Best of luck to the VFTT gang on The Mountain.

Last edited:
They're on their way!

Hi all,

I just got back from hiking as far as Panorama Point with the gang. It was great meeting all of them, what a fine bunch of folks! They've started off in fine form after a day of glacier class yesterday.

The past few days we've had weather like in the Reflection Lakes photo, but today we hiked in a cloud. Somewhere up above where I turned off it was supposed to be above the cloud and back into sunshine.

I will post some pics later tonight when I can figure out how to resize them... :confused:

Last edited: