VFTT's Rainier crew on the summit!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations for making it to the summit. I will keep praying for you them to get down safely. They might float down with how they must feel right now. YAAAAA!!!!!

outstanding! nicely done, one and all.

remember that the thrill is not just in winning but also in the courage to join the race!

Very cool to hear they had a successful trip.

jfb said:
One of the most dangerous parts of the DC route is descending the steepest part (the cleaver) in ankle-deep corn snow, where footing is marginal and self-arresting would be difficult.
I was thinking the very same thing. And when there isn't corn snow there is sand and rotten rock on the cleaver. A self arrest in some of these places would be impossible, and being roped to others on equally bad ground is of little use. Hopefully this section did not pose any problem.

:)

Great to hear from you (on the phone and here)!

Congrats!

I *might* just hand out green squares for this. ;)

SherpaKroto said:
Woo-Hoo! Happy to be feeling so alive!
SherpaKroto and All Team Members,

Totally cool what you have done. You will retain this "High" feeling forever. Every time you see a picture of the magnificent peak that Rainier is, you will smile, get a warm feeling, and think to yourselves with great pride, "We were there!"

:) :) :)

let's have a Gathering to celebrate!

great job guys and gals...

Congratulations all ! Glad everyone made it down safely. This should make for some good stories at the FOT48 get together! :)

"sneak peak"

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. It was an absolutely incredible experience. And not just making the summit, but spending a wonderful week with a great bunch of people.

You'll be getting lots of trip reports and pics, but I thought I'd start everyone off with this shot of the crew at Camp Muir...

Congratulations to the whole crew. Looking forward to hear more about the climb.

Congratulations to all! Another proud moment for VFTT! Good job everyone.

Congratulations!!!! :D :) ;) Bravo, good show, a splendid effort!!!

Jay, It was good to hear your voice yesterday even though your tales of Alaska and Rainier made me quite jealous as I've been a prisoner of the city all summer long. Perhaps I'll break out soon and climb some lowly Catskill peaks with you and the crew again - that is if you haven't out grown them! :eek: :D

Ack, unlike most of the VFTT Rainier crew who got back to "home" (whereever that may be) I arrived safely back in the confines of NJ yesterday, August 7th. And unlike most of the rest of the crew, I've been away from home since July 13th.

This has been my favorite vacation ever and honestly, I don't know which one was better, 8+ days in the backcountry of Wrangell St Elias or summiting Rainier. I'm surprised I remember how to get to work!

Thanks to all of you who wished us well and those that perhaps didn't. At this point, it is moot, we all are safe and that is the main point. We all climb/hike/bike/kayak/ski for ourselves. :)

Hope to see you all in my travels and looking forward to future climbs and hikes.

Jay

Jay H said:
At this point, it is moot, we all are safe and that is the main point. We all climb/hike/bike/kayak/ski for ourselves. :)
Jay

AND... for those of us who hiked vicariously with/through your adventure. We had fly-bys that encircled Rainer, weather reports, phone reports and plenty of discussion. All you guys did was ride in an airplane and hike up a mountain. This was serious work seeing you guys through to a safe landing!!! You spent the $$ and we went along for the ride! :p

Congratulations to all of you. I hope the high lasts and lasts... (it was fun to share in your adventure!)