VFTT MT Rainier Attempt, 8/1-3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
Back on 3/15 giggy sent out feelers about a possible western trip to Shasta, Hood or Rainier. Guinness stepped forward and said he would be willing to coordinate the logistics for such a trip. That, my friends, was the understatement of the year. His guidance, and incredible organizational and web programming skills have made this dream come true for 12 VFTTers.

Tomorrow morning, Guinness, giggy, Daxs, JayH, Arm, skimom, TMax, Marco, Yvonne, sli74, ClimbHi, and me (affectionately known as VFTT Rainier Team 2005) are all flying out to Seattle to start our adventure. If all goes well, we hope to be standing on Mt Rainier's summit early on 8/2 or 3.

Wish us luck! We will certainly have tales to tell, pictures to post, and a lifetime of memories to cherish!

Ed: thank you so much for this opportunity!
giggy: thank you for asking your "innocent" question!
HarryK: this one's for you, buddy!
Darren: thank YOU for providing the forum which helped to make this all happen!
ShirtLogo2.jpg

Edit: I forgot that I was going also!

Last edited:
"May the hills lie low, May the hills lie low,
May the sloughs fill up, In thy way.

May all evil sleep, May all good awake,
In thy way."

I can't wait for the trip report and photos ! I don't suppose there's any cell signal up there,
it would be cool if you could send back some photos in real time.

Mazel tov, my friend(s) ...

I know you'll have a fabulous time with some incredible memories. Please bring back lots of pictures and stories to tell around the VFTT campfire!

ShirtLogo2.jpg

And if there aren't already stickers like this out there, we've gotta get some made up! :D

Best of luck to you all! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!!

-MEB

Good luck! Travel and climb safely, and bring me back great pictures with the Duck!!!
:)

WOW! Rainier is probably my absolute dream trip... good luck and have a great trip! Can't wait for some pictures.

Way to go gang! We'll be thinking of you!

Be safe, have fun, hike hard.