VFTT winter gathering 2010?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I almost forgot...madtownie was jamming on Saturday night also. He was just so quite and didn't sing much...but looked good and played great as usual. Sorry townie...it was great to see you.;)

Sean, Carmel and I camped at Barnes Field. Others stayed at local hotels. Various hikes are done over the weekend. On Saturday, we hiked Carrigain...long hike, but beautiful trail and sunny day. After our hike, we met up with Arm, SherpaK, Mikey, Gris, Darleen, Suebiscuit and Annalisa for some fun jamming. Met up with Stan, TeeJay, Audrey, Pat and Marge for breakfast at the awesome Moonbean Cafe. VFTTers also had a fun dinner at Peakbaggers in Gorham.

It was great to see everyone...all my favorite people.:)

Thanks Darren, for VFTT! Unlock that love!

Hey Donna,
I couldn't find Barnes Field so I stayed at Dolly Copp.
It would have been cool to meet you. Some people tell me you're hot!
Anyways, hiked scar ridge and vose spur on saturday. Baldpates on Sunday and finished my NEHHW on Coe !
Glad you got to hang with ALL your favorite people.
See you soon.:)

Hey, I almost forgot...madtownie was jamming on Saturday night also. He was just so quite and didn't sing much...but looked good and played great as usual. Sorry townie...it was great to see you.;)

That was because he was resting his eyes in between songs...:p

It was fun listening to the guys, nothing beats cooking to a live band!!:D

Thanks, peakbagger, for letting this motley crew invade your house and for filling us up on your good cooking. The stories, jokes, and good gossip are surely a trademark of VFTT!

The Mt. Crescent hike on Sunday was absolutely gorgeous in spite of the fact we lost the trail going towards Mt Randolph and had to backtrack and head down the deep powder of the Mt Crescent Trail. It was a leap of faith for me to take that first plunge off the south viewpoint knowing it would be nearly impossible to claw my way back up. What a blast, swimming down through the trees, and Leo was completely inexhaustible, snorkeling with doggie joy.

I've been looking at other trip reports and the fabulous photos of the north country snow and had to throw in a few too:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/576396192HdjQhk

Cooking the famous spaghetti is a lot easier on a stove than on my dragonfly (and a lot quieter), plus the fresh bread is a lot easier to cook! Thanks to all for filling in the menu.

Your photos are a good example of the conditions on the ridge. There is quite a difference to the snow in the woods from the Crescent Range to the North conway area. Definitely a day to have waterproof gear on from head to toe due to the the amount of snow falling down from the trees.