When the heck is Bearly Live 2009?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone with room for a tent?

I am interested in coming (unless there's a ton of rain), but heard there are no sites left?

IF you have any room to spare on your site (1 tent, 2 peeps), please PM me.
-Blue

Well

It all depend son how far everyone wants to drive. Shortestdrive/backup plan is put in on King st bridge down river into Hogan Pond, end up at SK's.

I vote the above option cause: (i) no designated driver required (except somebody has to go back for any vehicle or vehicles left behind); (ii) don't have to dis-em-yak at end, can linger in the pond; (iii) grilled corn, mug-o-meat and grape-nut ice cream immed available at end of rainbow... :D

Bob said:
It all depend son how far everyone wants to drive. Shortestdrive/backup plan is put in on King st bridge down river into Hogan Pond, end up at SK's.
I vote the above option cause: (i) no designated driver required (except somebody has to go back for any vehicle or vehicles left behind); (ii) don't have to dis-em-yak at end, can linger in the pond; (iii) grilled corn, mug-o-meat and grape-nut ice cream immed available at end of rainbow... :D
It might be worth noting that this trip was done 2 years ago.

It was a pleasant paddle on a lazy winding river, but repeat offenders (if any) might prefer to do something different.

Doug

Last edited:
Sherpa is

at gathering of the Vibes w Arm. do not thiNk he is ignoring anyone.i am sure he can help find a place for all who want to come...:D

SherpaK got soaked at the Vibes last night. Luckily Shizzy was there to take care of him.
Re: paddling, we also have done the Androscoggin last year and the year before- we can discuss our options and decide next weekend.

If anyone coming to Bearly Live is a running fan, there's a big race on BL Saturday in Cape Elizabeth, about an hour from Sherpa's. It's a world class 10K, featuring runners from all over and usually won by someone from Kenya or Ethiopia. Wheelchair racers, too. It's called the "Beach to Beacon", and it was organized by the Olympic marathon gold medalist, Joan Benoit Samuelson.

If you want to see it, the best place to watch is where the runners come into Fort Williams Park through the Old Gate. There's a sharp turn and a hill, about 0.4 miles from the finish line, which is a great place to see the front runners make their moves. But don't forget to wander into the park at some point and check out the views from the finish (VFTF :D )

You can get more info here: http://www.beach2beacon.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.racecourse&x=9303321

BTW, registration closed a LONG time ago, the day it opened in fact.

The race is in the morning, so you'll have plenty of time to get back for the tunes at Sherpa's.

Hey, you started this thread 2 months ago so you could plan to be there.
What up ? pitiful...

I know, Michael said the same thing!

Well, I have a friend with whom I have been trying for months to get together with to hike Franconia Ridge, it will be her first hike in the Whites and the weekend of BL just was the only way we could schedule.

I hope that this excuse is suitable for you, Stevey-OH! :D

Damn

I know, Michael said the same thing!

Well, I have a friend with whom I have been trying for months to get together with to hike Franconia Ridge, it will be her first hike in the Whites and the weekend of BL just was the only way we could schedule.

I hope that this excuse is suitable for you, Stevey-OH! :D

I was adding a song just for YOU ('Eyes'). And, I thought BL09 was all about partying AND hiking. Why can't you do both/bring your friend... :(

Back from Gathering of the Vibes. As BoB mentioned, it got a bit wet. The tent didn't leak: the wind sent the rain under the fly :( Nice thing about 6 inches of water: the fishing was good :rolleyes: I managed to get no sleep, drank, partied, and ate a lot, and lost most of my voice. I'll be in rare form!:D

For the record, I will be making the most noise ;)

Drummers always make too much noise. That's why they tend to spontaineously combust.
My tent was nice and dry. Thanks Donna. (btw I made the boys use Shizzy's tent ;):D:eek:)

Drummers always make too much noise. That's why they tend to spontaineously combust.

They're also known to choke to death on other people's vomit. Those mysteries are often left unsolved, however, because you can't dust for vomit.

Well I don't know that it's possible

that he could be any louder than me, since my amp goes to ...

You know, it has been mentioned that this may be the last performance of the Bluffs, but I don't really think that the end can be assessed, as of itself as being the end, because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you?