Whiteface Ledges Decent Question..??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenC

Reaction score
Avitar: Sunset from Perch : Home:Western Mass
**Wildcat** not Whiteface Ledges Decent Question..??Sorry Folks..

Boy i messed up the title of this thread folks..I was posting the thread just before heading out for the Perch and Put whiteface in the title, don't. One of those brainfarts i guess...

Thanks for those who replied and managed to read through the confiusion:)

A couple of friends and i will be doing a N to S traverse of the carters and wildcats mid late Oct. I know there is at least one potentially really nasty spot on white face. And plenty of others to keep you on your toes! Given the time of year would it be recomended to bail down the ski area in icey or slippery conditions? Or is there an alternate route to avoid the slide/slab?

I've known in winter the Polecat is the usual bailout.

Thank You..
Ken

Last edited:
Whiteface ledges? Wildcats and Carters? Wildcat Ridge can be interesting if wet or icey and Polecat is an alternate way down. But Whiteface is quite a bit away from Wildcats and Carters, unless I missed something.

ledges??

if that's you in your avatar ,you shouldn't have any problem with wildcat. it's a little steep with wooden steps. :D
as for the slide that's nothing to worry about in my opinion! :D

It's been a long time since I did Wildcat A in winter but I did remember one bad spot going up and across what looked like a ledgy area from the hut. The Wildcat ridge trail coming up Wildcat E on the other side of the ridge is steep but not really that bad. Polecat is used in winter and summer to descend.

Carole is right, the only Whiteface ledge in NH that I know of is Here