Whiteface,Passaconway trail run 10/27

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I have been working on conditioning for trail running for a couple of months now and Monday looked like a good weather day and since I spent Sunday carb loading I figured I'd try to run my first 4 k peaks.I picked Whiteface and Passaconway because I knew there would be lots of good runnin in there.The weather looked good so all I brought were 2 water bottles,light layers and a sandwich. I ran the first 2 miles from the parking lot to where the blueberry ledge trail starts to climb then I hiked fast up,running the flat sections and basically going as fast as could.1 1/2 hours put on the south summit of Whiteface.The fitness function on my phone said I had gone 5.5 miles from the parking lot.The climb up was tough, 2850 vert, but now I knew the rest of the trip would be much easier.The rollins trail up to Whiteface summit and over towards Passaconway provided fine running ,many ups and downs and lots of rock free singletrack as well as a few good outlooks. This was my favorite part of the trip.Before I knew it I was at the junction with dicey's mill. I hiked up to the summit as fast as I could taking care to not get my trail runners to wet on the many wet sections.Took a quick break at the outlook than began the run down.I ran the full distance from the summit to the car and enjoyed it, although towards the end I was getting a little tired.
The route includes sections of road walking at the start and end. I don't know haw accurate it is but my phone read 17.0 miles at the end. The trip took 3:50, a time I was very happy with!And I felt great.

Good Lord! That's quite some fast paced trail running. That loop took me 8 hours as I recall. I'm feeling OLD!

Pretty cool, dude. I've been doing some trail runnin' recently... did a bunch on Garfield but not the whole mountain. Good way to inspire though.

-Dr. Wu

Sweet!

Inspiring, too!

Really good job! I think you can knock off a Pemi Loop in 10 hours, dude. :)

Thanks for letting me tag along with ya last friday -- its definatley a big help for me to push to keep up with someone stronger!

Pretty impressive! The Blueberry Ledge Trail is a buttkicker, nevermind ascending Passaconaway later in the day!

Nice job Rob...quite impressive! :D

You'll be running the Presi Traverse next 4th July instead of hiking with us!! :cool: