Winter Gathering??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the Patriots start time, it may still be possible to take in a hike or ski and catch the Pats on Sunday. There must be a reasonably close sports bar. Chomp, if you want to dump your tix ...

Still too early to tell but it looks like I will be hiking that weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. I'm working Monday but not the wife.

Chomp;

I've Gotten to big & slow to make a Jefferson attempt put would be up for Isolation where the penalty for being slow is use of one's headlamp. (On the other hand, I likely will not be partaking in Friday night beer drinking so I may just start earlier.) Could be talked into a Cabot trip also. Thinking of getting in shape again (again, again, again....) so I'm planning for another June Presi traverse.

Sherpa - be careful on those %*&^%*# Ski Slopes!!!!!!!!!

Information

Can anyone give me anyh information on this trip? I am new to these forums and looking for a little something to do MLK weeknd.

Thanks!
Christine

HapyHkngSmile said:
Can anyone give me anyh information on this trip? I am new to these forums and looking for a little something to do MLK weeknd.

Thanks!
Christine

Don't bother going. First of all you'll wind up meeting a bunch of really cool people - this will result in networking with individuals of all calibers that you'll wind up doing various activities with for the rest of your life. Second of all there will be a plethora of outings of all skill levels so you'll wind up doing something really fun that weekend. Thirdly, there will be an unlimited amount of outstanding food. And if all that isn't enough of a reason to stay away you'll probably laugh more than you have for a long time. Yea, gatherings with these people is something that you'll want to give careful consideration.

Steve

I'm definitely going. My hiking plans are up in the air, though I'm giving strong consideration to hitting Old Speck either Saturday or Sunday. Might also do the Twins or Big George (weather permitting).

What I'm wondering about is whether or not someone has an extra 4-season tent I can borrow. Barring that, does anyone have room in their 4-season tent for a drunk who will stay up too late and have to pee in the middle of the night?

I'd appreciate a loaner so I don't have to either rent or drive over to Hiker's Paradise. Please PM me!

I have not been following this thread, but where are you camping? I have always been under the notion that a three-season tent is adequate unless you are going to be up on the ridge exposed to heavy winds and snow loads. If this is the usual type of car camping thing I would not hesitate to use a three season - then you can pee and puke all you want!
Have fun!
I need to hike again - been way too long... (6 weeks)

sapblatt said:
If this is the usual type of car camping thing I would not hesitate to use a three season - then you can pee and puke all you want!
Have fun!

Pee and puke all I want?!?! Gee you make it sound like so much fun! I prolly will wind up using my 3-season tent, but a 4-season tent would be a little warmer.

I was thinking of you yesterday as I was battling my way along on Sabbaday! Good times fo' sho'!!

Double Bow said:
Pee and puke all I want?!?! Gee you make it sound like so much fun! I prolly will wind up using my 3-season tent, but a 4-season tent would be a little warmer.

I was thinking of you yesterday as I was battling my way along on Sabbaday! Good times fo' sho'!!

UGH! - that was a tough day!

una_dogger said:
We think we will most likely be spending all or part of our weekend there! :D

Ayup! We may do Wildcat that weekend. Downhill skiing that is, bwahahaha!!!

HapyHkngSmile said:

Thanks!
Christine
Show up at Barnes Field on said weekend and say hello...

New Fairfield, eh? Know Chris Abreu or Anthony Arlotta?

Pat and I are thrilled to be joining you all. Our collective knees are coming along just fine and we'll be able to partake of some snowshoeing.

I hope nobody minds if we bring our dog Genie along.

I'll work my way through the thread and come up with something good for the dinner table.

We've missed ya!

Audrey, great to hear about the knees--all 4 of them! Before you know it you'll be moving into the "completely recovered" class.

At one point I mentioned I'd be up for a hike that Saturday but my schedule has changed. Business is bringing me up the weekend after. With the price of gas, if the company is going to pay me to drive from CT to Concord & back at a rate of .50 a mile, then that's the week to continue driving northbound. Looking at Isolation on the Saturday after the Gathering.

Have fun everyone

The early prognosis is that there will be weather next weedend. As such, I am really looking forward to getting out Sat-Mon and getting in some pure wintery fun.

Right now, in no particular order of preference, I'm looking at the following trip possibilities:

1) Wildcats
2) Twins (prolly on Sat or Mon)
3) Old Speck
4) Saddleback & The Horn (prolly Sun)
5) Baldpate (from Andover B Rd)
6) Moriah

If any of these sound interesting to anyone, send me a PM and we'll work out the details!