Winter Gathering??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago SherpaK had us reserve sites near the bathrooms and water spout...I think I remember paying $10 a night to the caretaker..

Sherpa, do u remember which sites they were?

I'm in. Looking forward to it!

Will somebody please talk BoB into coming? :eek: When I told him it was going to be at Barnes, he sounded disappointed. Apparently he thought it would be in Maine near a reputed great Mexican taco restaurant :confused: --"Mi casa" or something like that! :cool: :D

Barnes Field AGAIN??

what're we trying to do- a 12x grid so there is a gathering at barnes field EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR?

Last edited:
Reactions: arm
Bob said:
what're we trying to do- a 12x grid so there is a gathering at barnes field EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR?
Uh, yes.

Like Misto Gristo said, I'll be in Florida that week backpacking and jamming. Like UFC said, we are also trying to get something going at his place for a spring fling. Not sure when, but we're gathering the Bluffs up there if we can. Gris is key on this one! He wants the apron! ;)

I don't think I have a weekend picked yet for hiking in January. Not enough gear or winter camping experience so I'm out of the overnighting but I may be able to arrange my hiking schedule so I'm up there the same weekend & can hook up on a hike.

I will be at Naumann platforms that weekend,but I'm gonna try to cruise by on Sunday afternoon.

Please have Beer and Fire available. :D

This is the weekend that the Pats will be playing their first playoff game. If the Pats are playing on Sunday, I might be there on Friday night and leave early on Saturday night. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

chomp said:
This is the weekend that the Pats will be playing their first playoff game...
Chomp, I know the Pats are good, no wait, GREAT!, but even they only get one bye week for the playoffs:
Jan. 5-6 Wild Card Playoffs
Jan. 12-13 -- Divisional Playoffs
Jan. 20 -- Conference Championships
Feb. 3 -- Super Bowl XLII, Glendale, Arizona
Needless to say, they will (likely) be playing on Sunday, January 20th. I had to add "likely" as I don't want to be the jinx!

I get another fun month: Watch Divisional Playoffs with Dad, Backpack with Gris, Jam in Jax, watch Conference Championships with Gris in Jax, watch SB XLII with buds, then head off to Okemo on Thursday for 4 days of skiing. Life is very, very, good.

Sorry: gonna miss my first "official" Gathering in 6 years. Who will do the "Mug of Steak?" ;)

Gonna have to miss this one. I'm using up a LOT of hiking points with the 4 day weekend I'm taking just before this one. ;)

But you all have a great time!

SherpaKroto said:
Chomp, I know the Pats are good, no wait, GREAT!, but even they only get one bye week for the playoffs:

Needless to say, they will (likely) be playing on Sunday, January 20th. I had to add "likely" as I don't want to be the jinx!

Whoops - you are right, I messed up the dates. And I agree - can't count the win before the final seconds are off the clock. Well, thats good news, then, no matter what I'll be able to make it up there for Friday night and maybe get in a hike on Saturday before heading back.