Would you climb Mt Everest?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope

This type of mountaineering is a completely different activity than hiking in the NE. I could see why some would enjoy it. Must be a thrill to be there.

For me, it's too cold. I wouldn't put myself in such a cold, lifeless place. I enjoy all the plants and animals of the forest, and observing all the life that's happening all around me. I like forested mountains where I can explore off trail and be with wildlife.

happy spring :)

Like several have said.

Where were you 25 years ago. 25 years ago, in a heartbeat.

Now, I know physically I am not capable. Unless, they would also pay enough to let me take off from work for a year to train. Then, I would really need to rethink the not right now answer. ;)

Keith

maybe if I had the time and money AND allot of experience in the super harsh environment like Everest.

More realistically I'd prefer the Colorado peaks and Kilimanjaro, even though
Kilimanjaro is more of a hike.

In the interim, before I tackle Everest I need to finish the NE67 at Baxter! :D

Heading to Base Camp in October

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time lurker, but this'll be my first post. I thought it might be a good time, as my partner and I will be heading to Everest Base Camp, then on to climb Kala Patthar, this October. Seemed to fit into this string.
Some of you we've met along the trail, others we feel like we know from reading these boards!
Chip asked about a blog, and we do have one to track our adventure. We're going to get married in Kathmandu as well, so we wanted a place our families could follow along. It's been quite a ride!
We do a weekly Bizarre Trail Snack feature and our training has been mostly in the Whites so we do some trail reports and other fun things. (At least we think it's fun!)
At any rate, I'm new to this whole posting thing here so I hope it all comes out ok. So, check out our blog if you like (we're always looking for followers!) and let us know what you think.
Cheers,
Dan

www.expeditionkalapatthar.blogspot.com
www.danandmeenakshi.phanfare.com

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time lurker, but this'll be my first post. I thought it might be a good time, as my partner and I will be heading to Everest Base Camp, then on to climb Kala Patthar, this October. Seemed to fit into this string.
Some of you we've met along the trail, others we feel like we know from reading these boards!

www.expeditionkalapatthar.blogspot.com
www.danandmeenakshi.phanfare.com

Looks like I'll be missing you in Kathmandu by a couple weeks...I'm arriving at end of Oct and will be attempting a climb of Island Peak and some other trekking. Sounds like it will be a lifetime adventure for you in many ways!! :D

Hi Darl,
I noticed you were doing Island Peak. I have a friend who did that a couple years ago, that looks amazing! We're not quite ready for that yet! Knowing how sketchy flights are around Lukla, you never know, we may pass each other yet! Will this be your first trip to the Himalayas?

I would definitely do it but from the Chinese side. Not as crowded.