Yale researchers discover new tick disease

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougPaul

Reaction score
http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/01/17/yale-researchers-discover-new-tick-disease/

A Yale study published today in The New England Journal of Medicine found that 18 people in New England and New York had contracted the disease--the first time the still unnamed disease has been diagnosed in the United States. It is caused by the bacteria Borrelia miyamotoi, a relative of the bacteria causing Lyme disease. The germ is carried by the same ticks that transmit Lyme disease and is thus likely to be found in the same geographic regions.
Symptoms, precautions, and treatment are similar to those for Lyme disease.

Doug

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. ;)

"But Yale researchers have discovered a new tickborne infection for which to watch out."

Time to lay the ghost of William Strunk, Jr. to rest, methinks. If I had an editor who forced me into this (or missed it if I did it), I might be tempted to whack him/her with one or more of the heavy volumes from the OED ...

Thanks for the info. ;)

"But Yale researchers have discovered a new tickborne infection for which to watch out."

Time to lay the ghost of William Strunk, Jr. to rest, methinks. If I had an editor who forced me into this (or missed it if I did it), I might be tempted to whack him/her with one or more of the heavy volumes from the OED ...

You Think ?