It's Official: Dec. 12 is a HOOKY day

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
But don't take my word for it.

Straight from the top of the rockpile, permission has been granted for ALL:

.... During the evening and overnight hours, drier air continues to move in as Canadian high pressure moves in. Tomorrow, things will remain dry, fog free, and cloud free as the high crests over the state. As the high crests, winds will start to die down as well towards the early afternoon. Tomorrow will be the nicest day during the work week, so if you are looking at a day to play hooky, tomorrows the day.

Ryan Knapp
Meteorologist

Tim,

I just forwarded your message to my boss along with my request for a day off and he approved it.

Thanks Tim! I think I'll do Moosilauke!!

bob

Da Moose

dentonfabrics said:
Tim,

I just forwarded your message to my boss along with my request for a day off and he approved it.

Thanks Tim! I think I'll do Moosilauke!!

bob

Well Bob, did you do it? I went up the Gorge Brook trail at 9:15, spent a while on Moose summit talking to some DOC students, then traipsed ovr to South for lunch. Took the Carriage Rd down to Hurricane and back to car at Ravine Lodge. Got out at 2:00 exactly. Beautiful day...chilly on top. Great views.

I love retirement :D

Hey Hillwalker,

I took the day off and hiked but didnt end up on the Moose. I did the Saco River Trail, hoping to get my first snoeshow of the season but there wasn't much snow to speak of. Maybe a couple of inches but it certainly wasnt snoeshow season in Crawford Notch yesterday.

Hope to join you in retirement in about 8 years.

bob
P.S. I'm guessing the Ravine road to the hut is gated???

Last edited:
Not Gated Yet

dentonfabrics said:
Hey Hillwalker,

I took the day off and hiked but didnt end up on the Moose. I did the Saco River Trail, hoping to get my first snoeshow of the season but there wasn't much snow to speak of. Maybe a couple of inches but it certainly wasnt snoeshow season in Crawford Notch yesterday.

Hope to join you in retirement in about 8 years.

bob
P.S. I'm guessing the Ravine road to the hut is gated???

No, the road wasn't gated and even though some cars stopped there, I drove all the way in to Ravine Lodge.

The road had about six inches of snow on it. By the time I cam out, one other car had driven in and parked.