Unsupported ADK 46 Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdRiverRun

Reaction score
On September 7th at 4:35am I (Cory D) started out from the Sewards parking lot at the end of Corey’s road with my good friend Jan Wellford. Our goal was to arrive at Whiteface and Esther roughly 7 days later. Our path at some point would take us over all the summits on the 46er list via one continuous footpath: a distance of about 196 miles with 65,000 ft of elevation gain.

You can follow the story along HERE.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff! :):):)

Overcoming the first three days is the key......

Great pix by the way.....and great story telling.......shake and bake!

Looking forward to day 6!

The most amazing thing about this is seeing Corey with a backpack on! :D

Seriously dude, your writing (and pics) are 1st rate.

Who needs Amazon when there's this epic tale to read.
Superb storytelling. Gotta hand it to you, Geranimals.

Dam this is like a great book you don't want to put down but have to
I was going to wait until they were all posted and could not
Now I have to wait for each installment
Its killing me:D

Cory fantastic story telling.

Congrats Cory and Jan!!

I'm glad you had such wonderful weather, but I'm thinking you may have saved some time if you didn't shoot such an amazing gallery of photos to go w/ the adventure. Of course I'm thrilled that you knew I'd love pics w/ the story. :) Great report.

You can't surprise me! I bet you have another lap planned for this winter!! :D

IOf course I'm thrilled that you knew I'd love pics w/ the story. :) Great report.

You can't surprise me! I bet you have another lap planned for this winter!! :D
Should I tell everyone how I not only carried my pack but your chap stick over the Santanonis last winter. I couldn't believe how excited you were that you didn't have to carry that damn chap stick.. jeez:

CIMG0869.JPG

lol!!

Where did you get THAT shot?? I think someone had a gun to my back to hike w/ YOU! :D

When you do the winter round you'll need an extra sled just for the chapsticks!

Keep on topic. I want to hear more about the big adventure!

I've just lost an hours sleep reading that lot!
Hopefully I'll only lose 10 minutes tommorow when you finish the next leg!
Nice one Cory!

Last edited:
This is a total throwback to the serials that used to be published in newspapers by the likes of Hemingway and Steinbeck.

This rocks. Way to go.

ridiculous and mighty impressive. just reading about day 4 made my feet swell up. looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

bryan

Hey Cory!!

Looks like it is time to quit the day job - you should be either an Extreme Hiker, a Writer or better yet, an Extreme Hiker Writer!