VFTT's Rainier crew on the summit!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinista

Reaction score
Everyone: Just got a phone call from SherpaK atop Mt. Rainier. Talk about sounding as though he's floating on Cloud Nine!

On the summit are: SherpaK, Jay, Guinness, Yvon, TMax, Arm, Skimom, ClimbHigh, NotDuck (?) and Giggy. SirEdmund summitted yesterday. Three have turned back but are in good shape: Seema, MarkO and Daxs.

It didn't sound windy from the phone reception, but we kept the conversation very short. After all, they do have to make it back down.

SherpaK says hello to everyone and sends his love.

Wahoo!!! :D :) :D :) :D

Wow!!!!

I have been waiting all day to hear the good news. I'm so
glad everyone is ok. They have got to be so pumped.
Can't wait to hear their stories.

Thanks alpinista!! Wow, sometimes I love this internet thing!! Congratulations to them. :eek:

Ha! I KNEW Sherp would make it unless the weather gods intervened. Dude's a rock. Slow and steady carries the day. :D

Whoo-hoo!

Thanks for the update alpinista!! This is great news! I can't wait to hear all about it!

-MEB

W00t!!!

Awesome!

Now bring 'em home, buy 'em beer, and post up some pictures!!!

alpinista said:
It didn't sound windy from the phone reception, but we kept the conversation very short. After all, they do have to make it back down.
Could you hear a helicopter in the background? :p Nah, that Sherpa might be slow but he is steady. I'm sure they've had a great hike! Hopefully the down part goes well for them.

-Dr. Wu