$125 for a trinkle at Lincoln Woods.......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frosty said:
The way we Live Free in NH is by fining people from Mass, VT, NY, CT etc. My property taxes are high and i'd rather they didn't go much higher. I truly appreciate the fines paid. Thanks. Every little bit helps.

Since the USFS is a federal agency, this would have been a federal violation, so the fine probably goes to the US treasury, rather than staying in NH or the WMNF. :(

Dude, rip up the ticket. What, you think they're really going to come bothering you about it? Was the ranger going to arrest you? I would have laughed and driven away.

-Dr. Wu

as someone who has had to fullfill many "doodies" at trailhead locations due to digestive issues, i have always upheld the rule that if a facility for such actions is at least within eyesight it should be utilized. pee icnluded. in the lack of such facilities i tend to figure lnt rules prevail.
with such a nice heated restroom at lincoln woods i suspect the rangers probably take extra offense at such relief action.

bryan

Does anyone know why he was photographed? On what web site or P.O. can we find this photo--

I agree that a warning would have be suficient.

dr_wu002 said:
...I would have laughed and driven away...

Doubtful.

But ok, sure, let's pretend you would've "laughed and driven away." Where would you have driven to? Mats had just arrived at the Lincoln Woods trailhead to begin a hike to Zealand. Should he have laughed and driven away and changed his hiking plans just to run away from the big bad ranger? Seems like Mats knows he made a mistake and he took his punishment like a man.

skibones said:
Does anyone know why he was photographed?

Evidence.

And by the way, it's not a great idea to laugh (or not) and drive away from federal law enforcement personnel. They have no sense of humor about that kind of thing, and it's a federal crime, too. Not the kind of thing you want on your resume. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.