Black Cap with my Grandson's 5/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darl58

Reaction score
After backpacking the Baldfaces with my friends Fri/Sat I hiked out Sat afternoon so to spend Sunday with my Grandson's.

Made it out to join a group at the Moat for dinner/drinks and then off to the Mt Wash. OBS presentation!

Was hoping to do a larger hike but the little one had missed his nap on Sat and was a little tired. I decided to take them up Black cap off Hurricane Mtn Road. We spent the morning playing at the playground and shopping for Birthday presents for Taylor who turned 7 on Sat.

After lunch off we went up Hurricane Mtn Road for our hike. Tucker (3) was all excited, he loves to hike with Gram. Taylor (7) was going along with us, but had all these new Birthday toys that weren't being played with..Thankfully I had won with Paper/rock/scissors during lunch to win a hike.. (I might of overrode his win)...:rolleyes:

A fun hike and perfect for a quick hike with great views of the Valley!:D

Pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hikerdd13/BlackCapWGrandsonS?feat=directlink

What a great place to bring the kids to - the look and feel of a big climb yet conveniently located and not too long of a hike. It's a gem!

Awwww. such little cuties!

Did anyone warn you about the 'evils' of hiking in jeans? :eek:

You are an ALLSTAR Grammy for sure!

:)

Jealous

Man. I miss the days when my boys were that age. Lucky! I get to do that with my granddaughter sometimes, but she lives in Michigan. :(

Great pics! They took me back! :)

KDT