Fall Gathering Barnes Field, NH 9/18-21

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much fun as this sounds, I was invited to the Island Creek Oyster Festival in Duxbury. All the oysters you can eat, Harpoon beer, music and fun!

Oysters and beer win out! :) Have fun all.

Sorry, I need to bail on lame excuses. I still have my obligation to EMS on Sunday, and a killer workout on Friday evening. That would leave me not even energy to stay awake, not to say drive up and down in a day. Have fun for me!

Mats Roing said:
If things go well with the Diretissima some people will gather at Lafayette Campground the following weekend.

This might be an option for me if I don't make it up this weekend.

mookie said:
anyone have any hikes planned yet???

Sasquatch and I are planning a Davis Path - Dry River loop (not sure which direction) on Saturday; and I'll be doing a Willey Range traverse on Sunday.

For the following weekend, I'll probably be hiking Cannon (most likely on Saturday) so I'll be in the Lafayette area anyway...

Mats Roing said:
Hey Ashley,

Great to see you on board!

If things go well with the Diretissima some people will gather at Lafayette Campground the following weekend.

PS. Who's that babe next to you on the avatar?

Thanks, I'll be sure to stop by Lafayette if people will be there! And the babe is Mountain Pa's babe. ;)

Ashley Pennington said:
Thanks, I'll be sure to stop by Lafayette if people will be there! And the babe is Mountain Pa's babe. ;)

Hey, welcome to the forums Ashley!! We miss your smiley face around the White's! :D

Don't tell me you're going to have wheels while here for this visit???? No more biking around?? :eek:

Hopefully I can meet up with you while you're visiting!!! :p

Fall Gathering at BF

I may be over at Barnes for part of the weekend and was wondering if there are any road riders (UFC calls them street riders) coming to this thing that would be interested in doing a +/- century ride through Grafton Notch, up to Errol and back through Berlin. Saturday looks like the better weather day for cycling. Drop a PM or respond to this post. Thanks.

Youngblood

I can't wait for the weekend!!! But get this: Mrs. Wu will be there as well! First time ever at a VFTT Gathering Event!!! We (and a coupla others so far) are doing Kings Ravine to Adams and Jefferson (down Castle Trail?) on Saturday and possibly (plans subject to change) but hopefully probably Huntington Ravine to Washington on Sunday. Unless you're some dirty-underwear-sniffing, raw-chicken-eating weirdo you're more than welcome to join us (we don't have room for two of those, me and you won't click, sorry!) on the hikes.

I'm assuming Mats is taking his 15 person party tent on his little backpacking trip so it'll be paaahhtttty time once he shows up!! Woo Hoo! This is gonna be fun!

-Dr. Wu

Dr.Wu,
I may join you for the kings ravine ascent, I'd like to go over Adams to Madison,as I just did Jeff last month. You will likely leave me in the dust, cause I hike slow, and I like to sniff any scat I can find.... :eek: I'll follow closely if you are really ripe!!! :p

yikes

bruised said:
Dr.Wu,
I may join you for the kings ravine ascent, I'd like to go over Adams to Madison,as I just did Jeff last month. You will likely leave me in the dust, cause I hike slow, and I like to sniff any scat I can find.... :eek: I'll follow closely if you are really ripe!!! :p

yikes! didnt know it was going to be that kind of party....

i think myself and gooly are heading to isolation on sat AM then to BF sat night to relax and have a couple cold ones.

nartreb said:
Sasquatch and I are planning a Davis Path - Dry River loop (not sure which direction)

I just did this hike last Saturday 9/13. I'd recommend going in Dry river then out Davis Path. Great hike, you will get your feet wet with the condition of the trail above the shelter, some mud up to your knees.

The crossing where the bridge is out, was not that bad when we did it. We crossed about 100' north of the bridge.

Hi Mookie:
Isolation is on my list too. JK about the sniffing scat...My only concern is I hike slowly, and do not want to drag anyone down. Hope to meet everyone on Friday nite!

What is going on tomorrow in terms of day trips? I may be in a position to take a day off tomorrow, weather looks nice, and the weekend involves soccer games both days so I'm unavailable. I'm not going to make it there in time for Mats' Kilkenny traverse.

I'm more interested in NE67 / NEHH trips than NH48 trips, but not anywhere near opposed to NH48 trips... Old Spec and/or Goose Eye are in the vicinity and would fit the bill, but I know very little specifically about them other than their approximate location.

Tim

dr_wu002 said:
hopefully probably Huntington Ravine to Washington on Sunday.

-Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu,
If things go as planned for me (that is getting to BF Saturday evening) I would like to tag along with you guys.

Dave

DaveSunRa said:
Dr. Wu,
If things go as planned for me (that is getting to BF Saturday evening) I would like to tag along with you guys.

Dave
What spaceship are you flying in from? That's a long trip coming all the way from Saturn! :p

Space is the Place!

-Dr. Wu