Fall Gathering?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there, i will hike, i will drink, i will listen to music, i will go to bed when i get tired, i will have fun!

Thanks Mats!!!!

dr_wu002 said:
The easy solution is to ask Darren/mods if they can change the name of Mats' thread from "Fall Gathering Barnes Field, NH 9/18-21" to "Drunken Crazy Puke-Sex Fest at Barnes Field, NH 9/18-21"

Drunken Crazy Puke-Sex Fest... I gotta admit I like the sound of that.

Dr Wu - I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to learn more. Do you have a pamphlet?

If everyone would just wear their ipods while at these gatherings then we would not offend other campers. Just each other. Our reputation intact.

Hey bro !

Hi Darren

How are you bro ? I check the site once in a while and I am happy to see that Stan, David...(and you!) etc. are still alive and kicking. I thought that you would have moved to Hawaii by now! :) Fond memories of good moments spent talking about peakbagging. As David (yes, the great Metzky) put it years ago, I turned to the dark side and started climbing again, ice for the first 6 years and rock this year.
http://www.civil.usherbrooke.ca/hydro/Ice/2008/index.htm

And guess what ? All my spare time is spent climbing. I climb a fair bit with guys from Vermont actually. Seing september come around, I just checked to see if plans were being made for a fall gathering and I stumbled on this thread. So I wish you a happy birthday bro ! Long live VFTT and hi to all my friends.
Bertrand

Bonjour mon ami! Long time no see! We need to get together at Jay for some tele turns this year.

Ridgerunner said:
And guess what ? All my spare time is spent climbing. I climb a fair bit with guys from Vermont actually. Seing september come around, I just checked to see if plans were being made for a fall gathering and I stumbled on this thread. So I wish you a happy birthday bro ! Long live VFTT and hi to all my friends.
Bertrand
I knew that! Surely other did also!! Good to hear from ya man. Climb safely! You're going to be back with us before you know it! cb's another climbing convert - but he still parties... I mean hikes... with us!

Okay... where is this puke/sex fest??? I wasn't going to go, but I'm having second thoughts! Besides Mookie's going to be there!! :D Mookie - pukie!

Bertrand, good to hear from you. Looks like you have certianly gone off the deep end on ice climbing. I was going to take up ice climbing during the last couple of years, but I couldn't find any in Hawaii.

It has been too long. You going to join us for Gathering "10.0" in the Canadian Rockies next summer? I'm sure you are dying to go back there.

- darren

Hello Ridgerunner! Long time no see! :) I think the last time I saw you was at Jay. We were both suffering first-turns-of-the-year foot pain as I recall. :)

Hope to bump into you again and soon.

Brenda

Can we have one topic to discuss this in (Dave)? I'm interested in coming, if soccer and family plans allow. It will be for a day trip. I want to keep on top of what the offerings are...

Tim

bikehikeskifish said:
Can we have one topic to discuss this in (Dave)?
Tim

I started the other thread with the specifics to make it easier for people to know what's going on instead of starting with specifics on page 3 or so.....so please discuss activities on the other thread to make it less confusing.......

Mats Roing said:
I started the other thread with the specifics to make it easier for people to know what's going on instead of starting with specifics on page 3 or so.....so please discuss activities on the other thread to make it less confusing.......
Exactly, this thread is reserved for catching up with old friends who don't post here often enough!

Speaking of old...

Just passing through but since it seems like old home days here, I figured I'd send a shout out to y'all. Glad to see some of the old VFTT crew still kicking around. Darren's history lesson of the Gatherings brought back some fond memories, particularly of late nights in Eustis where a large belt buckle is the same as a badge out here in the rest of the world.

Sadly I'll be missing the gathering again. I haven't even set foot on a trail this year. Such is the life of a homeowner with a fixer-upper.

Happy trails to all and tip a few cold ones for me!

Wow, we're really bringing out the old timers here. Rob, how have you been? We should catch up on the good old days, when we had to take horse drawn carriages to the Gatherings, hiking boots were leather, and a Pemi loop was a multi-day trip. :)

Really!! I was looking at the old shots thinking that outdoor technogy has changed even since... OMG I must be getting old, too! :eek:

ROB! Wasup??? Get your butt out of that house and on the trail!! ;)

Oh the memories! Rob and Ridgerunner, wonderful to get you out of hiding for a few moments.

How about if we start a thread on 10.0 so we can start looking at maps and salivating and I can practice my playing dead pose for the bears? :eek:

Technology

Um, my hiking boots are still leather. Does that mean I'm obsolete?

Remember when I showed up at G4 with a nifty new LED headlamp and everyone was skeptical of it but still wanted to check it out? I bet you all have LED headlamps now, dontcha?

Sadly, that's probably the highest tech piece of equipment I have and probably one of the more recent purchases. Guess I better use that EMS gift card I got for Christmas one of these days...

My goal is to have the critical house projects done by spring so that I'll have a little more free time for hiking after that. Of course, the biggest project of this summer has so far taken 3 month longer than I expected and still isn't quite done, but that was mostly because you can't paint in the rain and, as you may have noticed, it rained a lot this summer. So, it's good to have goals, but we'll see if I manage to complete them all by spring. Here's hoping! :)

Glad to see so many familiar names and avatars! Sometimes when I browse through here I wonder who all these people are that I don't recognize.

Um, my hiking boots are still leather. Does that mean I'm obsolete? No, it means you have more money than us!

Remember when I showed up at G4 with a nifty new LED headlamp and everyone was skeptical of it but still wanted to check it out? I bet you all have LED headlamps now, dontcha? At least one!

My goal is to have the critical house projects done by spring so that I'll have a little more free time for hiking after that. Rob... have a gathering and don't tell anybody about the work project that you have planned!! It's all in the name of hiking???

Glad to see so many familiar names and avatars! Sometimes when I browse through here I wonder who all these people are that I don't recognize. Good to see you here - the new ones are all good!!

Now... get to work on that house!!
:p