Forty Six at last!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prino

Reaction score
I'm busy typing out my final reports so I will give a more detailed write up later.

Hit the summit of Haystack with a 6 great hikers from these forums on Monday February25th 2008 at 12-50 pm.

OK so 25 years is a long while but as TeeJay always tells me "What's the rush"!

The weather was perfect, Sun, no wind and lots of snow and ice.

Thanks to all the friends who have been a part of the journey.

-Prino

Congratulations Phil!!!! Way to go!! I've been working on my NH48 for about the past 12 years, so perhaps in the next 12 I'll finally finish the last 5 peaks I've got to go - and that even leaves me one year to spare if I measure my time against yours! :)

Will we see you in VT in April? Hope so!

-katie

Bravo Phil, mes félicitations.

I am happy for you you finaly completed your 46. And I am glad that you had a nice day to. I will see you next week at the beer night, we will celebrate that.

A !wow! kind of day

Third time on Haystack in winter for me, yet this one ranks as the !WOW! one. Standing on mama Haystack on a sunny, windless day for your last one Phil was amazing !

Indeed, we took it easy all the way up to savor every steps... the only rush we got was the one shared with Phil's end of long journey in the Daks!

Congrats again friend !

Congratulations Phil!!

Haystack was so spectacular that day, shining and glimmering in the bright sun. You had the picture perfect ending to your quest. I'm so glad I was there to share the moment with you.

That's been my signature for a long time, "What, me hurry?" With over 50 years hiking and not even at 40/46 yet, there's a way to go yet.

So Phil, thanks for taking my advice. There really is no rush, is there? Huge congratulations to you and Doug. I was glad to have lent my support though it was moral only. It was a great time at the cabin with old friends and new.

teejay

Phil -
In retrospect, having raced up and down those forty-six , I wished I'd done it your way.
Sounds like you had the perfect culmination to your long running quest.
Congratulations to a deserving 46r!
jt

Congratulations Phil! And what a beautiful group you had with you!

Pat and I thought our 23 years to do the 115 was a bit long - now not at all. So, New England's got a few more peaks you might enjoy...

Congratulations and welcome! Haystack was my 3rd peak. I credit that experience with my decision to continue with the 46 - and it's a kick-a** summit to do for your 46th! :D - #5357

king tut said:
Sweet! Did you eat any of those Vinda Lu's or whatever her name was? I remember it was a British delicatessen...

LOL! Polymorphs you mean! Unfortunately Vinda Lu didn't show up!
She's actually an indian spice but very common on the other side of the pond. :D

Steve O said:
Haystack?!
Best for last! Did you plan that?
Great way to finish!

Only when I got to about 33 peaks then realised Haystack was the only one with a trail that I had left to do.... Good job I had some strong trail breakers ahead of me to enjoy it.

Last edited: