Gathering 9.0 - September 14-17 - Who is Going??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chomp

Reaction score
I just noticed that there is a real lack of chatter going on about this, so I was wondering who is in fact going? Who wants to go but wants more info? Who thinks that we will have torrential rain at some point during the weekend? And, most importantly, who is going to get the leather apron?

I would like to make it, but I can't. Although I would be a shoe in for the leather apron...

I am, however, certain that torrential rain will be involved. ;)

- darren

teejay said:
bubba, for one will not be going so the leather apron is up for grabs.

Go freakin' figure. I'm never gonna get that apron -- unless I can finally get the miles vs. time rule reversed! Eh, doesn't matter now anyhow that I'm back in NH.... :D

And since I'm back in NH, I'm back to having serious issues with getting time off on weekends. I'm still trying to work out getting coverage...still remains to be seen.... :(

I haven't missed in several years, too, but a friend of mine recently had a heart attack (on his honeymoon no less) and needs my help with his business that weekend. Sorry to have to miss out on the Gathering, but when it rains I'll be nice and dry at the bowling alley. :D

Just getting back from WY that weekend (Chomp, your TRs and info have been so helpful!) so I won't be there.

Bummer, because I really miss the Gatherings. :(

I'm in...will get ther late Thurs night and unfortunatly have to leave Sat night because of work Sun morning :(

Head count for Friday dinner

I'd like to get a head count of those that plan to go out to dinner Friday night at the Gathering. Let me know here, by email or PM how many are coming. I'll be making a reservation at the Freight House Restaurant and Pub later this week.

By the responses so far, though, it might just be Chomp, Mr. X, coldfeet and me. In that case maybe we'll want to scale back a bit and just sit around the campsite eating Mountain House Chili Mac.

teejay

Unfortunately other committments and lack of vacation will keep me away from this gathering (car is FINALLY fixed and running well)

I have a couple of others things going on in late sept - I am not going to be able to sneak away for this - there is an off chance maybe for a beer or 2 on sat eve, but its a long shot. like 20 percent.

Number WHAT??????

bubba said:
It's in the mail!!

I have an appointment with #46!! Sorry to miss out, but I'm taking the Dr. to the top for sure!! :D

Bubba,
Tell me it aint so.......Let me know when the Marshall trek is coming off. Who could miss your 46th! Lance

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend Gathering 9.0 this year. I need to be in Maine on Sunday to visit a potential location for my daughter's wedding next September.

Hope to see some of you in Acadia the end of October, though!

LittleBear said:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend Gathering 9.0 this year. I need to be in Maine on Sunday to visit a potential location for my daughter's wedding next September.

Hope to see some of you in Acadia the end of October, though!

Geeez little bear, couldn't you come up with a better excuse? ;-)

Geeez little bear, couldn't you come up with a better excuse?
Wish I could say that I was going on a 5-day backpack in Glacier National Park..... Nope - I'm gonna be the mother of the bride, so I have to do my motherly duties. :) :) (Which, by the way, I am really looking forward to!)

I suppose I could go to the Gathering and then leave REALLY EARLY Sunday morning to head to Maine, but somehow sleep needs to figure into the equation.....

For those who will be at the Gathering - have fun and say hello to the Doctor for me.

Laurie and I will be there Friday and Saturday, but not camping. Anyone want to do Greylock? What other hikes are near by ? :D

I'll be there. If anyone has one of those campsites that parks two cars but room for one tent I'd take the parking spot 'cause I'll probably sleep in the back of my car ... unless I got a better offer for a fine inn nearby. :eek:

Will plan on the Friday night dinner, teejay.

Will probably opt for an easier hike, maybe along the Taconic Trail ... car spot anyone? I recently had knee surgery for a torn meniscus so I'm getting back into hiking gradually.

I don't think Little Bear's excuse is acceptable. So what if she'll be the mother of the bride ... what are we, chopped liver? :D

I'm calling for a reservation tomorrow, Funkyfreddy might be probably be coming up with me, Stan you can park at my site, still having those drinking celebrations after the hike in the back of your car :rolleyes:

I'd like to barbeque Fri night but I could go out..

Tom, Greylock sounds nice, gotta go at a slower pace due to an injury that the hernia dr will probably confirm this Friday :(

Will also try to bring up a bottle of brew from the Black house brewery in Farmingdale....oh yea, I'm supposed to try the pumpkin ale this Friday at John Harvards :p

This web site is corrupting me! :)