Haystack for 46 Under Sunny Blue Skies

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats again on your finish!!! It was a great group to hike with!! We couldn't have asked for better weather - bluebird skies and perfect hiking temps. I'm looking forward to hiking with you again in a few weeks.

Hey Sabrina,
It was great to be with you all on Sunday on such a great day. I wonder if there is a doggy 46 for Terra to go for?

I will send you some more pictures

Congratulations once more

Jacko said:
I wonder if there is a doggy 46 for Terra to go for?
There used to be, but they do not recognize animals any more. It requires a great deal of effort to get to Colvin / Blake / Sawteeth / Gothics / Dial / Nippletop / etc., w/o setting foot on the AMR, but it can be done...

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Congratulations on a perfect finish.

Neil... Please remove that Avatar!! Eye can't stand looking at it :p ;)

I have a question.... does anyone know anything about the origins of the Crucifix and chain close to the summit of Haystack? It is lying on a rock about 6ft from the highest point surrounded by four baseball sized stones.
Just to the right of the yellow blaze in
This Picture

What is amazing is that it was there 3 months ago on Feb 25th and neither wind, snow, ice or people have moved it an inch since then.

Some believe that there are centres of spiritual energy in nature that attract more positive energy to them. I believe this, and believe that haystack is such a centre. Never having been there I was drawn to it . Perhaps the crucifix and its connected energies were also drawn to rest there, and the collective energies hold it there.

prino said:
Neil... Please remove that Avatar!! Eye can't stand looking at it :p ;)

I have a question.... does anyone know anything about the origins of the Crucifix and chain close to the summit of Haystack? It is lying on a rock about 6ft from the highest point surrounded by four baseball sized stones.
Just to the right of the yellow blaze in
This Picture

What is amazing is that it was there 3 months ago on Feb 25th and neither wind, snow, ice or people have moved it an inch since then.

KOA lean-to 5

It was brought to my attention that I met you at the KOA 6 days ago. I was one of the two guys that showed up at the lean-to to say hi to Adam. It wasn't till after we left that my buddy told me who you were. Congrats on finishing your 46! Must seem like a small accomplishment, just another stepping stone, to someone so close to her NE115.
Well congrats again and maybe I'll see ya at next years spring meeting.

Congratulations Sabrina! I have 10 more of the ADK 46 to do and 15 of the New England HH.... seeing this thread makes me want to get busy, lol. :)

una_dogger said:
Some believe that there are centres of spiritual energy in nature that attract more positive energy to them.

I always felt this intuitively even before I was able to articulate it intellectually....... finding the time/balance between the natural world and unnatural/human world is always a challenge for me though :confused:

Last edited: