How Much Snow?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guthook

Reaction score
14" in Keene, measured just a minute ago. Wheee!!!

If only I hadn't left all of my winter gear at my parents' house in Maine when I moved down here. Whoops.

Break out the Snowshoes

Here in Rindge NH about 7 miles from Monadnock I just measured 21 inches of the white stuff, I think this calls for an October Snowshoe hike.:D

Not much more than a dusting here in Bethel. Maybe two-three inches if I measure where it "drifted". Sunday River will probably be reporting 10 inches or more. Don't believe it.
-vegematic

Not much more than a dusting here in Bethel. Maybe two-three inches if I measure where it "drifted". Sunday River will probably be reporting 10 inches or more. Don't believe it.
-vegematic

I was at Stratton yesterday, and saw the ski trails at Mount Snow completely white like it was winter. So I'm guessing they'll report around ten feet of snow, right?

About 12-14" in Pittsfield, MA, just went for a ski in my backyard.. tough work..

Jay

Only 3" in Lexington MA, but we lost large limbs off our huge maples. We could hear them crashing down during a rather sleepless night. Leo was terrified and had to sleep on top of us. Momentary power loss but we just got cable/internet back.

The 24"+ report for Peterborough is accurate. Lost power for a while last night but no wide spread damage in this area. While it isn't powder, the snow wasn't sticky enough to bring down lots of trees. Farther south & east, it is a different story.

Last edited:
a little over 5 inches in Windham, ME. Power is out since early morning. That cancelled my trip to the mountains as I tended the generator. But OTOH I cleaned the basement! It's a miracle. :D

got about ten inches of wet heavy snow in Derry, in Concord there was at least 14 inches this morning. I was out last night snowboarding on a hill in town and saw at least 5 transformers explode. Does anyone know why they were going off like fire works?

All hype up here in Campton. As MadRiver said, only 3-4 and down to like 1 as of right now.

10 inches in Littleton, Mass, with a ton of tree damage and widespread power outages. Still without power after 20 hours. The warm ground and air temps have already compressed the snow to just a couple of inches.

3" (less on the ground under the trees) on the central Connecticut shoreline, a few miles north of the sound. It was surreal in the woods this afternoon:

attachment.php

I was going to go over to Harriman this weekend... anybody heard how much snow they got there?

Edit: According to a NOAA link, Harriman got 16"... and Stony Point only 4"?

Last edited:
I walked (plowed) my way up the Wapack trail on S. Pack through 2-3 feet of snow to the 1st set of ledges this evening. Crazy deep for Oct!!

2096635580048820105S600x600Q85.jpg

2615641060048820105S600x600Q85.jpg