I hiked the Pemi Loop, turned around, and tried to do it again

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are amazing!

Courtney,

It took incredible courage to attempt a double pemi loop and to try in your limited amout of time is truely amazing.

You should be really proud of what you have accomplished!

Now it's time to climb!!!

Way to go girl! Strong work!!!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing it. Beautiful pics to.

Hey Courtney,
That's an amazing accomplishment. I wish I could be there to support you too. To me, to have the mental power to get back to the trail after slogging out LW shows that you're an extraordinarily strong person.

Hardcore!

Good Job Courtney. Great report. I have to go back and read it again as I've had to do it quickly while at work.

More comments later, but you may want to get used to sleeping in your hiking clothes if you want to do more mountaineering.... :eek: did you actually change them in Alaska???? :D

Nif said:
More comments later, but you may want to get used to sleeping in your hiking clothes if you want to do more mountaineering.... :eek: did you actually change them in Alaska???? :D
Haha, not really! But there wasn't any mud, slugs or tree branches on the glacier. ;)

Awesome Slideshow...very educational for anyone who wants to hike "The Loop" in the future.

A collection of the self portraits stating the mileposts would make a neat collection all in one frame together.

That's a terrific read, that report. My favorite things about are the ridge at night, and the hallucinations. The whole thing of pushing oneself so hard that you are actually seeing things is interesting. Sort of a "vision quest" quality to it.

Matt

Totally awesome. Noone will ever be able to take this experience away from you. Good Luck on your next adventure whatever that may be.

Clearly your problem was turning around. If you had kept going in the same direction you wouldn't have been fighting the Coriolis effect.

Congratulations on an amazing adventure, good people doing good things in an extraordinary way. Kudos to the support team as well.

Just went back and looked at the pics... awesome pics... until... the ankle!! :D
Ouch!