My Dog's Better'n Your Dog, My dog's Better'n Yours...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoowwwooo you doing

The essence of beagle...

Picture%20004.jpg

Last edited:
Virga would be mad at me if I didn't introduce her to all these pups...

Virga is a tireless lab/beagle/border collie cross that many of you just know as 'the blur'. She is a slave to her nose, but is often blind to the animals she tracks when they are right in front of her. She doesn't like toys, so her playtime is in the woods, where she spends hikes circling us.

Here's a few shots...
Blueberry Mountain
3615230754_00aa54051b.jpg

Hermit Lake
3615231578_d2aa996065.jpg

Crawford Notch...
3615232438_80059fd53d_o.jpg

Mount Major:
3615232466_e29ec1b10f.jpg

My Favorite Girls at The Beach:
3615232374_57a737420d.jpg

And lastly...even good dogs make bad decisions...
3615232360_1014cff416.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck, Lauky.

(I just checked out the competition, Ed. Looks like Zoey is Lauky's biggest threat. How about if he challenged her to a race up a mountain?)

I agree with you Tom. Both Zoey and Molly are really cute and 'cute' may well take it. I don't think mountain speed will count for much.

But guess what. Lauky won't even know the difference when it come to the contest, but he does know the difference if he doesn't get out into the mountains.:)

By the way, that Schnauzer look didn't have any influence on your opinion did it?;)

GREAT PICTURES!! Love that spandex suit. Wearing that outfit he's liable to set a VFTT style trend.:rolleyes:

And boy does he feel embarrassed wearing it. But the snow clings to his hair and he becomes a giant snow and ice ball. Fortunately it's only bad in fresh snow so he doesn't have to wear it all through the winter!

Is Tucker a Wheaton Terrier ? My parents had one for a while. How is Tucker in the woods, on his own ? My parents' had NO sense of direction, really had to be on a leash ALL the time. I considered getting one except for that.

I think Tuck,Tucker,Tuckerman etc is the most popular name for a dog here in NH,I have met countless over the years .Even though my Tuck is THE Original.I'll try to post some of my favorite images soon.

Yes, Tucker is a Wheatie

Is Tucker a Wheaton Terrier ? My parents had one for a while. How is Tucker in the woods, on his own ? My parents' had NO sense of direction, really had to be on a leash ALL the time. I considered getting one except for that.

Actually, he is an ALIEN - he was born in Canada:eek:
He is five years' old and is pretty good in the woods off leash and I am trying to train him to become better at it. He likes to run ahead, but also wants to know where I am (he's a Mama's boy). Last year he took off after a deer on the trail up Big Slide in the ADKs. He ran down in the direction of the John's Brook valley and I had visions of bushwhacking through the thick brush trying to find him. He returned to the trail in 10-15 minutes (seemed like hours) and I think he was as scared as I was - he must have ended up in the middle of nowhere after losing the deer and wondered where I was.

He is good at staying on the trail - or nearby looking for chipmunks and squirrels. He's really not into chasing large animals, like deer - so I'm surprised he went after that one. He also has been canoe camping and was good at hanging around a remote campsite. I think he has a great sense of direction and good trail sense.

I think Tuck,Tucker,Tuckerman etc is the most popular name for a dog here in NH,I have met countless over the years .

When we named our puppy Tuckerman we thought we were being oh-so-original. At his first dog-training class we met another Tuckerman, however, and then in a park we met a little girl who told us, "I know three Tuckermans!" Oh, well.

We have a big black cat named Attitash, so naming the dog after a mountain or mountain feature seemed all-in-the-family, at least to us it did. Our favorite White Mountain name for a dog, Bondcliff, had already been taken, though, by another dog we knew. We tried out several other names, but Tuckerman is what stuck.

Anyway, you're quite right: there are a zillion Tuck-dogs of one sort or another in New Hampshire. My kids, though, who live in Los Angeles, know *no* Tuckermans except ours!