My First VFTT Decal Sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamp

Reaction score
Yesterday on my way home from the Whites I had my first highway encounter with a VFTT decal. It was on a light colored Tacoma with Mass plates just before the tolls on 93. I guess our legions are growing. Pretty cool....

Decals

Mine is proudly stuck on the rear window of my car. :D
Honk if ya see me -- i'm the chic in the silver camry driving too fast (bec i'm always late) & jamming to the radio every morning as i rush to my lovely job for NYS @ the state office campus. (yawn........)

I have yet to see anothre VFTT on the road when I'm driving. Sherpa, Daxs, and I ran into Sherpa John on the Kanc on Sunday as Sherpa mentioned elsewhere but that was Sherpa's driving.

I've seen other non-VFTT stickered friends though that I know are VFTT members but not-stickered members.. Does that count? :D

Jay

0 on my VFTT-Sticker spotting list :)

On Sunday, 6/12 I put a in the back window of my car and got on the highway. Goin' up 93, I passed a white pickup with a VFTT decal and they waved (five fingered) as I passed. I waved back. Great way to start the day!

On my way home from work, I have also seen a blue Mini Cooper with the sticker. Very cool!!

OK...who has the mini cooper???? I want a ride. :)

So far the only sticker I have seen on the road was Audrey & Pat and we were headed to the same trailhead and didn't have plans to. That was pretty cool...

So, I am at Sticker Count: 1

- darren

darren said:
OK...who has the mini cooper???? I want a ride. :)

So far the only sticker I have seen on the road was Audrey & Pat and we were headed to the same trailhead and didn't have plans to. That was pretty cool...

So, I am at Sticker Count: 1

- darren
I saw someone with the VFTT sticker on their car once and they totally denied having any association with the website. I felt like an idiot too when I asked them what their screen name on VFTT was and they were like, what are you talking about? And there's no way it was a VFTT sticker from somewhere else -- it was the VFTT logo from this website!

After this and the time some guy almost picked a fight with me when I asked him if he was Darren (it wasn't The Darren, who I've only seen in pictures, just someone who looked like him) I've stopped asking anyone VFTT questions when I meet them on the trails.

-Dr. Wu

I never put the sticker on my truck b/c in general I don't do that, but I do have a "D" sticker and an "M" sticker so I guess I can add one more.

I think that's what happens. Just one more sticker won't hurt. next thing you know, you look like this
bumper-sticker-car.jpg

spencer

dr_wu002 said:
I saw someone with the VFTT sticker on their car once and they totally denied having any association with the website. I felt like an idiot too when I asked them what their screen name on VFTT was and they were like, what are you talking about? And there's no way it was a VFTT sticker from somewhere else -- it was the VFTT logo from this website!

After this and the time some guy almost picked a fight with me when I asked him if he was Darren (it wasn't The Darren, who I've only seen in pictures, just someone who looked like him) I've stopped asking anyone VFTT questions when I meet them on the trails.

-Dr. Wu

It wasn't a late-model green Jeep Cherokee, was it?

chomp said:
It wasn't a late-model green Jeep Cherokee, was it?
?? No, it was a dude that looked like Darren. Does Darren look like a car in real life? :confused:

-Dr. Wu

PS. If you're talking about the VFTT sticker on the car, well I don't remember what model is was. Why? :p

Double Bow wrote:
"Goin' up 93, I passed a white pickup with a VFTT decal and they waved (five fingered) as I passed. I waved back."

Dear Double Bow,
I think that was me, too. My pickup is a really light silver. I waved to a Subaru with a VFTT decal heading northbound. Was that you?

My VFTT decal count = 2.

Marty

I still gotta send Darren $90 to buy a whole lot of em so we can get patches made again :(

I parked next to a green pick-up w/cap in hannaford in wilton ny about an hour ago that was sporting a vftt sticker. next to his 46er and Binghampton State stickers. There was also a river guide plaque hanging so my guess is it was probably Johnnycakes?

I think the oddest for me was stopping at a Park-n-Ride facility in New Hampshire and seeing a VFTT-stickered car. I even knew whose it was. :)

Saw my first on route 93 on the way to the Whites Saturday morning. Anyone want to claim a grey subaru forester near exit 23 around 6 am? Saw the same car again, passing me not long before exiting onto route 3 after Franconia Notch.

Green Subaru Outback heading south on 93 about 3:30-4:00!!