New Peakbagging Club - NH 48 in 48 (yrs)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
For those who like to hike slower or think the Trailwrights rules are too lenient, here's a club for you!

Rules:
* To become a Club member, you must have hiked all 48 NH 4k peaks as recognized by the AMC, in 48 different years as below
* To count for a calendar year, the ascent must begin at or after 12:01 AM January 1 and be completed by 11:59 PM December 31 of that year
* You may climb as many peaks as you want but for each year you may count only one peak of your choice

No, I haven't done this yet although I'm probably ahead of Alex - but she might become the youngest completer if she plans her hikes carefully :)

Yikes, I will need to take a closer look at my Excel spreadsheet to see what my prospects are. I still think that the 48 NH4s on March 29th might be the most challenging local list?

Ummmm, if I start now, I can finish by the time I'm 104! :eek: Will we be allowed to use our flying cars?

Darn, I thought I finally found a list I might have a crack at -- 48 highest by my 48th birthday (which is just under two years way). That seemed pretty doable. Something tells me finishing Owl's Head at 94 isn't going to be much of a plan.

I still think that the 48 NH4s on March 29th might be the most challenging local list?
Depends what you call local. There are a few of us who are trying to do Feb 29th for the 46. The 46 on Leap day! It's like your own mini Olympics.:) In the middle of winter no less. Last year it was the coldest day of winter, go figure.

We have toyed with this idea for the "Flags on the 48"; a new peak each year until it's done. I probably won't make it, but my boys could. 3 down, 45 to go.

Finally, (if I understand this correctly) a list I might have come within a couple of peaks of completing (if I could ever complete a list), simply by starting young, getting old, and doing a little hiking along the way...

Hey...this could also start a trend of similar clubs:

How about the hundred highest in 100...could use the same rules as 48 in 48...

I hear they're working on a Elixer of youth that might be helpful

Like Chip, I'm also doing a different peak for "Flags on the 48" every year. Hoping to carry the same flag for all 48. I have 7 out of 48 so far and will be 78 when I'm done.

We have toyed with this idea for the "Flags on the 48"; a new peak each year until it's done. I probably won't make it, but my boys could. 3 down, 45 to go.

Like Chip, I'm also doing a different peak for "Flags on the 48" every year. Hoping to carry the same flag for all 48. I have 7 out of 48 so far and will be 78 when I'm done.
One of the best ideas and goals I've heard guys, I hope you and a bunch of others can celebrate it one day.

So the earliest I could join is when I'm 85....earliest Alex could join is when she's 53...
You ought to be able to creep up Tecumseh at 85, if you can get Alex to carry your pack :)

Just hope that people still remember 9/11 in 40 more years, as that will mean nothing worse has happened since

VJ Day was big when it happened, but hardly anybody remembers what day it was now :-(

I've done a NH 4K in each of the last 41 years, but, alas, my shoddy record keeping will prevent my inking an affidavit stating that I've satisfied Roy's stringent criteria.
Rats, missed out on another patch! And I'm already creeping...

I've done a NH 4K in each of the last 41 years, but, alas, my shoddy record keeping will prevent my inking an affidavit stating that I've satisfied Roy's stringent criteria.
Sorry, but if you don't know the time to the nearest second when you started and finished each hike, we can't be sure it was done in the right year so you're ineligible for the $1,000,000 prize :)

41 years in a row is a lot, nobody else so far has claimed such a streak although I'm sure somebody is out there. The question would be whether anyone is still hiking various 4k all those years or is just climbing a favorite peak such as Moosilauke every year.