NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those URLs do not work for me, either. Perhaps someone who has successfully seen the photos could post the correct URLs or the trick to being able to see them?

Last edited:
There are image URLs in there, but I can't get them to display. Don't know what's wrong with Jason's formatting or URL.

Those URLs do not work for me, either. Perhaps someone who has successfully seen the photos could post the correct URLs or the trick to being able to see them?
They didn't work for me last night when he first posted them, then then did around 7 am now they don't. When I read through that site a little last night they mentioned possible blackouts when high traffic is involved. Considering it is now in the 8-9 am zone when people are getting to work I suppose that could be the cause.

This morning Jason and Ryan went out to do Cannon, Kinsman's, Osceola's and Hancock's. The original plan was to come down to Lonesome Lake Hut after Cannon and refill water bottles and then head up to Kinsman's. They decided to go over the Cannonballs instead which became hard work and Jason decided to skip Hancock's today and catch up with them on Sunday.

Maybe the beautiful weather will recharge Jason on the Osceola's which they are doing right now.

Ferncroft TH will be the finish line tomorrrow evening sometime assuming they both pull through today.

The force is strong with them......after Osceola's (which they both are doing) they have done 40 peaks and 8 to go......

wow, my feet are getting blisters just from reading this.

Good Luck Team Shake & Bake.

This morning Jason and Ryan went out to do Cannon, Kinsman's, Osceola's and Hancock's. The original plan was to come down to Lonesome Lake Hut after Cannon and refill water bottles and then head up to Kinsman's. They decided to go over the Cannonballs instead which became hard work and Jason decided to skip Hancock's today and catch up with them on Sunday. The force is strong with them......after Osceola's (which they both are doing) they have done 40 peaks and 8 to go......

I'm a bit confused - did Ryan continue onto the Hancocks solo today? How many will Jason and Ryan each have tomorrow? 10 and 8, respectively? Or did Jason make the decision for both of them to skip the Hancock's today and both of them will do the Hancock's tomorrow?

Last edited:
Pending what happens out on the trail today - still haven't heard what's going on with the Hancock's - the plan for them tomorrow is to do Moose via Gorge Brook, then drive to Waterville Valley for Tecumseh and then head up Tripyramids-Passaconnaway from Waterville Valley. Rebecca and I will drive to Ferncroft and head up Dicey's Mill, then Rollins trail to Kate Sleeper and switch car keys so at least part of Kate Sleeper will be broken out. They have a GPS and have done it before in winter so they will make their way through regardless. I'm guessing a 2-3pm start for them up Tripyramids so maybe 9-10pm finish in Wonalancet.

So if things goes well today there will be some celebration Saturday night at the end of Dicey's Mill trail by Ferncroft (Is that the name of the TH from the south to Passaconnaway?)

I gotta get ready to take care of the dudes pushing the limits on what's humanly possible:eek:

It's all been done in snowshoes or microspikes (very little) so the skis and sleds have not been utilized.

Shake and Bake!

SOoooo...

If everything goes relatively smoothly tomorrow, does this mean that the existing record might be broken by two whole days, +/- a few hours? :eek:

Woo hoo! Go you guys!

Sue

PS1: Just sorry it's not all 3 of you. :(
PS2: Somebody get these boys some Starbucks Doubleshots PDQ!

Not sure what's wrong with those pictures. All my pictures on that site seem to be down. I'll put a full collection of the best photos together at some point, but it'll have to wait until next week sometime.

Ryan's out on the Hancocks right now. I decided that I'd save them for Sunday...and save myself for the big push tomorrow. Ryan's not human, so that's not an issue for him.

As Sue alluded to, Ryan's on track to better the current record by a little over 2 days. I'm just looking to get done Sunday sometime, depending on how early I can drag myself outta bed.