Nin is retiring (for cat lovers)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at his picture, Marty has very thick and full long hair and may need more care than the 2 short hair cats. I brush my cat at least once a day and she still have hair ball problem occasionally.

Nin is black and white, so my vote goes to the orange and white Wilson, this election is about changes :D. But I do agree would be nice if they can adopt at least 2, to keep each other company. Whichever takes the job, he/she has a big shoe to fill. Nin is awesome!

w7xman said:
This is a fun twist. On the day of the NH primary, the observatory is holding an 'election' for the new cat to be adopted to the summit....

http://www.mountwashington.org/events/topcat/

Thanks for posting, Jim. I received this link from a bunch of folks from all over the country, so indeed the Obsy is getting some great PR out of Nin's retirement.

I understand that there are still a couple of open slots for my January 24-25 Edu-trip on glacial geology, when the new cat(s?) should be in residence.

http://www.mountwashington.org/education/edutrips/schedule.php

I don't know, I think I may change my vote. Marty had me at the first swipe! :D

No fair, what happened to equal access?! Marty had far more airtime then then Wilson or Sarah.

Special interest groups are going to be the end of us all.

Hairball prevention: 1 teaspoon of vaseline smeared into fur of front paws weekly. I got this tip from a vet tech. It works well.

Edit: Wilson would be my choice too.

Last edited:
David Metsky said:
The long hair worries me too, I'm going to fall in the Wilson camp as well.
No way! My Maine Coon was a long hair and he never had any troubles -- rarely a hairball even. My vote goes to Marty.

-Dr. Wu

Is today the day?

Doesn't the new summit cat go to the Obs today?

Looking at the CAHS website I noticed that Sarah and Wilson are no longer listed as adoptable so I'm guessing they have found homes. But Marty *is* still listed so maybe he is not going until next week?

-vegematic

Thanks for that! It sounds like Marty is settling in nicely up there. It also looks like several other kitties found homes due to the attention drawn to the shelter. Good news all around.

-vegematic

Clearly he must keep the name Marty because then he can be Mart Washington...