Spring Fling

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Thanks Steve!

I think I had fun but will have to wait to read some posts in order to find out for sure.

I do remember playing some acoustic music in the blazing sunshine while an assault rifle blazed away in the background.

Thanks Steve!

I think I had fun but will have to wait to read some posts in order to find out for sure.

I do remember playing some acoustic music in the blazing sunshine while an assault rifle blazed away in the background.

That did happen Neil...I got it on video...background music! :eek:

Acoustic was amazing with you & Freddie!! Totally enjoyed it while basking in the sunshine and fire!! :D

Pics tomorrow.... :rolleyes:

Thanks UFC for hosting a bunch of kooks. Hikers and non-hikers alike! It was great to meet and talk to a bunch of folks I'd never met before.

Fun dancing and listening to the band. Mardi's version of Tupelo Honey was still in my head this morning. Hope there will be other opportunities to hear her sing!

Thanks for letting me try my hand at playing blues harp in front of people. Hope it was okay that I jumped in on songs that seemed to work for me. I thought about it after the fact and felt that maybe I was rude. Liquid courage clouds judgment. Hmmm...that sounds like a newspaper headline. Anyway, I had a blast.

I only took one picture so I'll look forward to seeing everyone else's.

Your harp playing was great.

Rude? HAHAHA! See? You made me laugh.

Nice seeing you.

Totally enjoyed it while basking in the sunshine and fire!!
What was it like in the fire?

Last edited:
Hell of a party, UFC! Thanks. It was nice to see everyone.

Great tunes, fun crowd, big fire - a lot of great but fuzzy memories.

I hope to be fully recovered by this time next year. ;)

Mtnma could liven up a frat party.
Neil is a meanie who I will call Hubert from now on.
Vermont natives can run through flames and not get burned.
Being pelted by cheeseballs is a sign of endearment.
UFC’s dad is my new crush- he is SO cute.
My 2nd crush is the Scotsman at the scotch bar in Ludlow.
The Bluffs have the stamina of rotoruri running men.
Angels see that you need water and bring it to you (Jen and Isabelle).
Mats and Sherpa are huggers. (So am I.)

Thanks for a fantastic weekend, Caveboy, the Bluffs and everyone who helped pull this off!

Awesome time as always when the bands gets together and the fire is blazing! Thanks for all the cool tunes Grey Knob & the Bluffs :cool:

Really enjoyed Neil's flute, Jen's harp, and Mardi's beautiful voice....when is the next showing??

Great to see everyone - thanks Steve!!

A huge thanks to UFC for hosting the party and to The Bluffs for the live entertainment!!!! Awesome party!!!!

I still have a big smile on my face from all the fun that was had over the weekend :D Live music, dancing, a huge bonfire, cold beer, interesting shots, lots of delicious food and most importantly...good friends to hang out with!!!

I'm sooo glad I got to go!! Thanks Steve!! The food, music and company were indeed outstanding!! Laughed soooo hard at times with the entertainment (you know who you are!!) :D Can hardly wait for next year's event!!!

It was a little weird being sober at one of these types of gatherings. Guess that's what I get for showing up late. My girlfriend and I both had an awesome time. We both really enjoyed the music and had a lot of laughs. Thanks McRat and Marc!! :D

Oh, also thanks to those who helped get my car out of the mud after JEN got it stuck!:p ;)

Thanks to all for a great evening, especially our intrepid host. I was booked for an business trip up until Friday night so it was great I could join you. I never did find the intrepid T shirt salesman but the samples looked good. Sorry for the lack of "Peter Miller memorial brownies" but they got left home in the rush.

The conditions were just about perfect, not too warm and not to cold. I expect that huge mound of coals in the fire pit will be burning for a few days. When I drove home thru the whites late Sunday morning it was snowing.

It was great to have some help Sunday AM making a dent in the initial after the party clean up. One of the local dogs joined me in the outdoor patrol and scored several uneaten sandwiches (I tried to discourage him from slurping up the half empty beers, but if there was a dog with a hangover in the neighborhood, I wouldnt be surprised).

The strange thing was, after picking up bottles outside for about a half hour on Sunday morning, Sherpa came out and informed me that the acoustic sets were still on upstairs. Talk about the Energizer Bunny!

So, when is this party everyone is talking about?:rolleyes:

I had a great time, and have the random party bruises to prove it! Way too much fun! Note to self: it is not wise to sing for 7 hours when you can't really sing in the first place. Let's just say that my vocals got more interesting the longer we played :eek: We were very fortunate to have Sue Biscuit in our corner: at least someone was hitting the right notes :cool:

BTW, should we play more Funk? :)

Thank you Mardi for being an incredibly tough act to follow. That was an inspired (and inspiring) Tupelo rendition if I ever heard one (I will post a link to it if you agree: eMail me and I will send you the link before it goes anywhere else).

Note to self #2: it is really, really, fun to be awake for the first 56 1/2 of 64 hours of spring!
Note to self #3: it is even more fun to then get a good 10 hours in.

A Heartfelt thanks to Steve for being such a great guy. Me and The Bluffs really look forward to this weekend every year! also thank you so much for the keg of lubricating courage!

FYI: Bearly Live 7/31-8/2.

Just waking up here,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Steve for hosting this fine event.You truly PARTY LIKE A CAVEMAN!

Had a great time,really enjoyed the music and food and meeting new people.

Gail and I had a great time! Special thanks go to UFC and Sherpakroto, and thanks to everyone for being there and being so much fun to hang with! Can't wait till next time! :D

Oh Yeah

'Trip Reports' is def the appropriate category for this event;

1 - Special thanks to the great state (of mind) that is Vermont, where the women glow while the men plunder :D

2 - Kudos to the 'man' Caveman party-master of the highest order, his excellency all hail. His duties include righteous purchase of a keg of the best beer known, biggest baddest snow fires ever and manually assisting the party in reaching it's highest apogee/trajectory possible and otherwise being the most hospitable huggiest host:)

3 - Sasquatch for being the human cannonball for the apogee. A party is not officially a PARTY til some someone blasts off!:cool:

4 - the women of VFTT for all being one of the guys. SueB, mardy, everyone. special shout out to Mtn 'dirty girl' Mama for not only doing what she always does as only she can, but for providing an indelible un-eraseable piece of lore/history, to be replayed at future gatherings:eek:. BTW, mama's mild mannered sidekick cannot be the same person my daughter warned me about, LOL:p

5 - Funky Freddy (and his MUCH better half), w/o which the music would surely die. and Neil for doing what only he can do;)

6 - dave bear, McRat, the Bluffs, and everyone else who comes to these things and promptly forgets what they see and hear - woohoo!:D

I have to say, I think I wish I remembered more than I do about Saturday night...then again, probably should be glad I don't! :eek:

Thank you everyone for coming out and making it what it is, I love throwing a party and seeing the unusual mixture of characters just blend so naturally - it's a hoot! I mean, where else can you hear a flute "complimented" by assault rifle - and it's status quo? :D

Special thanks to the musicians - I know it's a lot of work lugging all that equipment around. And special thanks to Mamma of course for "chaperoning" and all the others that helped clean up - once the first layer was taken care of it was only a matter of rolling up all the bodies in the plastic and disposing them in the dumpster!

Bearly Live will be here before you know it! :cool:

Did anybody find my Micro-Spikes at UFC's? Or my aluminum cot frame?

Is there an association between the two? Nah...

I have pictures of Satan himself throwing pallets on the fire. Stay tuned.

Glad my flute was appreciated. I just hope I knew when to be silent....

Awesome guitars, very good drumming Sherpa, excellent. Also, without the rhythm section (the eye of the hurricane) the whole thing would have fallen apart. And, special guests fee-male vocalists please come back next time. You were way better than Janice.

Thanks guys for letting me tag along. I know the work behind it all and I really appreciated it. :D

Oh crap

i forgot to thank our super hero Steve-O, for toting the keg upstairs at 4 am so the party would not die

and, of course, SK & BigLoop for hanging til the bitter end, i mean sunrise

those little acoustic ditties at 4:20 a.m. are what we live for...

There is nothing like an evening by the fire, that is if you can get close to it! Steve, as always you out did yourself as a terrific host! We all had a great time and were thoroughly entertained - spoiled with great music, friends, foods and weather. It was great to enjoy the combinations of music, starting with the awesome acoustic set by Neil and Freddie out in the afternoon sun, then well into the morning by many more. I had been anxious for the date to roll around for the last month, worse then a kid waiting for Christmas morning. It is always so fun just to get together with everyone in one place and relax or hike or even fire off some ammo. Thanks to everyone that contributes there time and efforts in the festivities!;)

Most of my camera shots were video clips and unfortunately too long to post on webshots unless I figure out how to shorten them. I did have a few from the hike to woods ...err targets!:D

Slideshow:http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/570663340OvQgII