The best hike I ever did......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Mats,

Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life. I've experienced death in people I have loved--but not with someone so young. So I can't say I understand how you feel. What I do know is that death is a profound experience.

Peace to you and your family.

Brenda

brothers

Mats,

You are in my prayers.

There's a special poignant pain, somehow strangely treasured, in the death of a brother shortly after your last hike together.

Oh Mats. I'm so sad for your loss and so happy for the time the two of you had together. Stay strong, my friend.

To find such eloquence in the face of adversity is a gift - to all of us you have shared it with. Thank you, and heartfelt condolences on your loss.

I lost a younger sister without the opportunity to say goodbye. May you treasure your moments together even to the end.

Mats...my deepest condolences.
Thank you for sharing this incredible trip report. You surely did right by your brother Hans, and he was very fortunate to have you.
"I have passed the mountain peak
and my soul is soaring in the firmament
of complete and unbounded freedom;
I am in comfort,
I am in peace.
-Kahil Gibran
Take care Mats.

That was the most touching "Trip Report" in awhile. Bless you. My condolences to you and your family.

You are such a strong person Mats - thank you for sharing such a heartfelt story. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm sending you virtual hugs until I see you again.

Mats, you really make me appreciate life (and my brother) with that story.

I'd like to say "keep your chin up, kid" but I know yours already is.

Be well.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother, Mats. I can only imagine how much it must have meant to him to have you there, and I am glad you were able to share those moments with him, and with all of us.

The hardest part is watching a loved one wither away.Now you can remember your brother outside the context of his sickness, in a better time and place.

Wow. I wasn't going to read this when I saw how long it was, but something told me this wasn't just another trip report. And it wasn't. Thank you for sharing a very personal and moving story. I am not ashamed to say that I wept when I read it.

Mats, you have a big heart. This transcends physical barriers. You were a great brother and will still be. My thoughts are with you.

Mats, first of all "huge hugs"!!

This emotional TR hits us all in one way or another! You wrote of your love and caring for someone very close to you, and shared so much of yourself by doing so!

Your brother had you by his side and glad to got to spend quality time together, he sounds just as strong as you! Wish I could of met Hans, I can picture the two of you together.......

HUGS!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Just an absolutely touching story...He was a lucky man to have a brother like you..My sympathies