The best hike I ever did......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mats, I'm so sorry that Hans had to suffer.
You and Hans were so blessed to have each other.
I know how much you loved him.
I can't express what I really want to say with these tears.
Just know that I'm thinking of you.
Maybe we could plan a hike in memory of Hans.
Bigs Hugs,
Mtnmama

What a great trip report.
I'm sorry for your loss, but Hans will always be with you in your heart.

Sometimes there are no words that feel right to say when a person close to us is lost, its like a piece of us is lost as well...so much gained and so much lost, so much joy and so much sadness; and so it goes, sometimes it seems in life there is no way to separate two oposing emotions without losing life's full meaning.

Its so very special that you were able to be there with and for Hans.

Take care.

{{{Mats}}}

Last edited:
Mats,

A very touching eulogy. I'm happy for you that you got to enjoy that last "Hike" with your brother. It is never easy saying goodbye to someone you love so much. Your brother was very strong right until the end.

Regards
Phil

Wish I could of met Hans, I can picture the two of you together.......

Dressing properly was never a strength of ours......my brother with the glasses....

mats_hans.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dressing properly was never a strength of ours......my brother with the glasses....

That wasn't the visual I was seeing, it's so much better!!! That picture is priceless!!

Way funny, I can picture Hans looking down at you and laughing that you would post that picture!!! :D

Mats, thanks for sharing the last few precious days you had with your brother. I wish I had the chance to meet him too...but know that in some ways I have, as he'll always be a part of you. He was so blessed to have you there, holding his hand till the end, taking good care of him, and wrapping him in a beautiful purple sunset.

I have lost two very special people in my life that I never got to say goodbye to. Mats you are the ultimate brother for taking the time to give your brother that best, and I my heart goes out to you for your loss.

I'm truely sorry for your loss, Mats! Very powerful story, my friend...
(I also appriciate the pic...it's absolutely classic :) )

Thanks, Mats, for sharing a very personal moment, and for reminding us of what's really iimportant in our worlds. My deepest condolences on the loss of Hans. You are one remarkable person, and Hans will live on inside of you. God bless.

Oh Mats. It was an honor to read about Hans. Thank you for sharing with us. Your brother's spirit lives on and I hope to meet him someday.