Timmus finishing the NH48 on Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColdRiverRun said:
and go to the Whites and do stupid newbie stuff. For example like when I climbed up to Bond and just before I got there I asked if it was Bondcliff. I thought Bondcliff was just part of the ridge! :confused: I guess I can throw in that it was socked in and there was 50-60 mph winds recorded so I couldn’t look around to much. Silly French Canadians! ;)

When I walked the ridge between Bond and Bondcliff I had no clue about where exactly I was. All I could see was snow drafts, and I spent more time on 4 legs than 2. I had to move on because I didn't want to lose Frodo's light, far ahead of me. And I thought : I must be a silly one, doing one of the best hikes in the Whites in a whiteout at night :eek: That was #17 to #21. Great souvenirs, thanks for bringing them up !

David Metsky said:
Probably Freshmen Trips. Trust me, that's pretty tame for Trips.

I would have guessed as much, except that the folks at the Ravine Lodge looked older than 18 to me; I was guessing graduate students. I bumped into a couple of large groups up top who looked like they were younger students.

There was also a guy in a yellow suit who might have been looking for the hat you're wearing in your avatar. :D

Oompah!

OompahHat.jpg

Bavarians LOVE Alpine cocktails! But some aren't too up on the whole lederhosen thing...

The hiking trips are for the freshmen. They are led by upperclassmen. When you're wearing a gorilla suit, it's hard to determine the exact age. :)

-dave-
Lodge Crew '84

timmus said:
OK everyone, it is **HAPPENING** !

Sunday Sept 16th I will start hiking around 9:30am and we'll have a party going from noon until I don't know what time.

I am very excited about that trip, I am packing my cocktail dress,

I was up on Moosilauke today about 12:15 and saw a face I recognized from online. I asked and 'yes' she was Skimom. She was there along with her two children, as was Meo and friend? They were waiting for someone in a dress. It was quite chilly for a dress :D (I took pics of ice melting from the trees!) I started back down about 12:40 and still their friends had not arrived nor were they in sight. I hope all went well. If so, congratulations, Timmus.

I know they are there somewhere.......I left their pre-party on Haystack Rd around midnight.....didn't go with them to Moosialuke this morning though. They might have been delayed a bit since I gave them a mini-keg for the summit celebrations. Carl, Danny, JS, Barry and another dude was there. Sorry I forgot his name.......they had summited Mt. Carr earlier in the evening.

Timmus and her friends seems to know how to have a good time in the woods :D

carole said:
I was up on Moosilauke today about 12:15 and saw a face I recognized from online. I asked and 'yes' she was Skimom. She was there along with her two children, as was Meo and friend? They were waiting for someone in a dress. It was quite chilly for a dress :D (I took pics of ice melting from the trees!) I started back down about 12:40 and still their friends had not arrived nor were they in sight. I hope all went well. If so, congratulations, Timmus.

I was up on Moosilauke as well but must have been too early. We came up on the Gorge Brook trail and didn't stay too long on the summit. The rime(sp?) ice was very cool. Congrats Timmus. :D

carole said:
I started back down about 12:40 and still their friends had not arrived nor were they in sight. I hope all went well. If so, congratulations, Timmus.

Hello Carole, it was nice to meet you :)

Finally, I was wrong, they went up via Carriage rd and down via Gorge brook (I thought they would do the loop counterclockwise). They arrived maybe 10 minutes after you left.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D

A picture is worth a thousand words. Congrats, Julie! You two look spectacular... no way you both hiked up that mountain beforehand!! Nicely done!

Last edited:
In a word - stunning. I looked a lot different in the woods on Saturday!!
Congrats Julie!! Probably not the first cocktail reception on the Moose, but you two were probably the first properly attired to attend one!!! :)

sapblatt said:
Probably not the first cocktail reception on the Moose, but you two were probably the first properly attired to attend one!!! :)
Nope, not the first properly attired by a long shot. :)

That was the best cocktail party ever! So nice to meet everyone as well.

I'll upload my pics today. A few really nice ones of Julie on the rocks came out dark for some reason. I have to figure out how to lighten them up??

Carole.. you missed them because they came up from south peak, not Gorge Brook as we thought... nice to meet you !!

Dave .... geezzzz take the old lady (me) out of the picture with the hot babe

thats hot! :) :) :eek: :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Wish I could have made it, deb had me on yardwork duty all weekend.

congrats on your 48 timmus. your more of a hiker than I will ever be!! 10+ years and still haven't done that list ;)