Timmus finishing the NH48 on Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BorealChickadee said:
Dick- I always wanted Paul to take his violin to the top of a mountain. I thought it would make an awesome picture. It might have been a good chick pic.

I'm still trying to get one of my sons (with graphics expertise) to find the time to work on my idea (physically impossible, of course). I don't mean to nit-pic, but at my age, I'd just call mine a Dick pic!

timmus said:
Ok, weather doesn't look good at all saturday :mad:

I could always finish sunday afternoon instead... at a normal time (summit at 1pm).

What do you people think ?
Jess and I could make Sunday. But don't make that part of your consideration.

-Dr. Wu

Juuulieeee...

I'll be in the mtns around LP - you know the gig!! :)

I'd love to be up on Moosilauke to celebrate and love the idea of party gear! Years ago a friend had a party that was "semi-formal" and you had to wear part casual and part formal... it was a blast!

Stay away from any bees and have a wonderful celebration! Can't wait to see the pix. I also love your new avatar! :D Now that you've finished the 48 is that where we're going to find you? :eek:

FWIW... you haven't mentioned the trail that you're planning on taking up.

Outside chance we could make it. Its been almost 20 years since I've been on Moose. Could someone mention the shortest and quickest trail to the summit? Its a long drive from where we are. I vaguely remember a carriage road up or back.

Alan

timmus said:
Ok, weather doesn't look good at all saturday :mad:

I could always finish sunday afternoon instead... at a normal time (summit at 1pm).

What do you people think ?

Sunday would work.......an alternative to a stormtrooper would be Sir Bedevere with the coconuts...kloppetiklopp you know.....and of course with a mini-keg ;)

Peakbagr said:
Could someone mention the shortest and quickest trail to the summit? Its a long drive from where we are. I vaguely remember a carriage road up or back.
Gorge Brook from the Ravine Lodge is the shortest and quickest.

-dave-

Peakbagr said:
Could someone mention the shortest and quickest trail to the summit? Its a long drive from where we are. I vaguely remember a carriage road up or back.
David Metsky said:
Gorge Brook from the Ravine Lodge is the shortest and quickest.

-dave-
Although coming from NY perhaps Glencliff Tr. is more accessible in terms of the drive. and it's only about 0.5 longer than Gorge Brook. Both trails are easy and have some nice views.

-Dr. Wu

The difference in driving is maybe 15-20 minutes. Gorge Brook starts nearly 1000' higher then Glencliff. Your call. :)

-dave-

Date officially changed

OK everyone, it is **HAPPENING** !

Sunday Sept 16th I will start hiking around 9:30am and we'll have a party going from noon until I don't know what time.

I am very excited about that trip, I am packing my cocktail dress, Champagne, make-up and other sh*t !!

Yoooo-hooooouuu !!!!

I will be glad to see any of you, and maybe Peakbaggin'mouse will be there (as well as a couple of Moose).

Congrats in advance Julie, we try see you from the summit of Kellington
or Ellen in the Greenmtn. Have lots of fun. Last november I finish my 115
on the Moose. :)

Congrats in advance Julie!

I will be there but none of you will see me because my costume will be a ghost. :)

Jay

Sorry Julie, I wont be there. We will be in ADK to continue our quest for the 46. I will see you at the beer night if it is september 20th.

Timmus, that 48 went fast, didn't it? Congrats in advance. I had a 70% chance of making it on Sat, but Sunday is to no avail. Alas, I will concentrate very hard around 1pm and send good vibes to all you folks frolicking dressed to the nine... or 48 on top of the Moose.
Hang tough.
-Doug

Darn, I had a good costume idea too. I could have made Saturday but not Sunday. :( I stopped by a costume place here in Albany and they had a tree costume. I was going to be next to the trail on top and act like you couldn’t see me and just move around like an idiot (wouldn’t have to pretend that part). Don’t get drunk on top or you’ll end up having to take my alternate screen name of “FallsUphill”!
Congrats though, it’s funny how I personally go from the Daks where I feel like I know every side trail and bushwhack shortcut and go to the Whites and do stupid newbie stuff. For example like when I climbed up to Bond and just before I got there I asked if it was Bondcliff. I thought Bondcliff was just part of the ridge! :confused: I guess I can throw in that it was socked in and there was 50-60 mph winds recorded so I couldn’t look around to much. Albee just corrected me because I was pronouncing Tecumseh (Tu shemi) or something close. :p He also told me a story of a French Canadian friend who when at the border was asked where he was going and said Tecumseh. I was told Tecumseh means “to go there” so they would ask their standard where are you going and he would say “Tecumseh” and they would go “uh, yeah but where are you going”? Silly French Canadians! ;)
And peakbagging mouse is to much of a drunk to miss a chance to lap up some left over booze on the summit. He made it to your 46 on Big Slide, so count on him. I think with a makeup case, Dr. Wu, David, Motabobo and Marchowes you could have some stellar summit shots. :D

ColdRiverRun said:
Darn, I had a good costume idea too. I stopped by a costume place here in Albany and they had a tree costume. I was going to be next to the trail on top and act like you couldn’t see me and just move around like an idiot (wouldn’t have to pretend that part).
If you were right at the top, you would have been the only tree! :D