Timmus finishing the NH48 on Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmus

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I will be finishing the NH48 soon, I would like to make an event out of it. You are all invited to join me saturday September 15th on Moosilauke.

Because I hate doing things the ususal way, we will hit the summit at the end of the day and come down after sunset. Bring whatever is needed to make this event memorable. Any crazy ideas are welcome.

One little twist (not obligatory): I am asking everyone to wear or bring at least one cocktail related item : dress, tie, high heels, hat, whatever. If you think this idea is stupid don’t come. This is just for the fun of it, and we will have the funniest summit picture ever :D

If the weather is not looking good for the 15th, it will still happen but I am not expecting people to come, so we might not stay long up there.

THIS IS NOT A SUPER SERIOUS THING, but please, if you tell me you’re coming, well, don’t chicken out :)

timmus said:
Hey everyone

I will be finishing the NH48 soon, I would like to make an event out of it. You are all invited to join me saturday September 15th on Moosilauke.

Because I hate doing things the ususal way, we will hit the summit at the end of the day and come down after sunset. Bring whatever is needed to make this event memorable. Any crazy ideas are welcome.

One little twist (not obligatory): I am asking everyone to wear or bring at least one cocktail related item : dress, tie, high heels, hat, whatever. If you think this idea is stupid don’t come. This is just for the fun of it, and we will have the funniest summit picture ever :D

If the weather is not looking good for the 15th, it will still happen but I am not expecting people to come, so we might not stay long up there.

THIS IS NOT A SUPER SERIOUS THING, but please, if you tell me you’re coming, well, don’t chicken out :)

Hi Timmus (Julie)!

I wish we could come! As a classical pianist, I would love to appear in concert attire! It would certainly be in keeping with your "theme"! My wife Joanne and I have fantasized about my avatar that has me on a mountaintop giving a concert, as well as one that is at a concert in a formal hall, but wearing hiking gear! :D :D :D :D

The problem is, I don't know where Moosilauke is, never heard of it, don't know how to get there, and can't make Sept. 15th, as I have a music-related engagement :mad: Guess I have to start doing some hiking in NH soon!

Seriously: good luck and congratulations on your finish!

Dick and Joanne Hihn
(aka "Dick")
(aka "rhihn")

Julie, LMAO!

Dick, it's a great peak in SW New Hampshire, 4802'. Slightly above tree line and right on the AT. A nice place for a Finish!

Too bad we can't make it!

timmus said:
Any crazy ideas are welcome.

Congratulations!

Awesome! Let's see if I can get hold of a stormtrooper outfit. Maybe it will be the start of doing the 48 as a stormtrooper :D

Mats

I'll bring my Chippendale outfit...NOT !
I guess that'll scare people off more than anything else :D

Mats Roing said:
Congratulations!

Awesome! Let's see if I can get hold of a stormtrooper outfit. Maybe it will be the start of doing the 48 as a stormtrooper :D

Mats

Nice - I prefer the AT AT driver myself.

better all the guys should go in drag - judy garland style.

I'll be there as long as I am not travelling on business to some crappy city like Cleveland, Baltimore, or Dallas (why can't they send me to Vegas or Denver???)

Anyway, no drag for me, also no Gumby "dammit" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDmsd46OSkY

I am thinking more in the line "Gene Simmons" of KISS, but that won't hold well for a "cocktail theme" :eek:

Guess I will have to surprise everyone... :D

Congrats in advance

Julie -

I can hike that day, but cannot do that time frame...
We should all dress like the Ramones - jeans and leather - great hiking gear!
Have a great time - it will be a blast!

Colibri and I will be there too, unless there's a hurricane coming :eek: :D

I will start the hike at 2pm saturday, take it easy and stay at the summit until after sunset :cool:

We're gonna have a blast up there, I'll make sure my batteries are fully recharged so I can take pictures of everyone :D

If it's raining I'll just bring an umbrella. If I am very unlucky and we get thunderstorms, well, I might post-pone to sunday afternoon. Stay in touch !

**I love my new avatar ! Neil, please, come and bring my make-up case !**

timmus said:
If it's raining I'll just bring an umbrella.
Just a heads-up...

Moosilauke summit area and ridge (to the S summit) tend to be very windy, so if it is raining, the rain is likely to be horizontal and your umbrella is not likely to survive intact.

Doug

congratulations in advance Julie. :) The 15th is my son's birthday so I'll be thinking of you when he blows out the candles.

Dick- I always wanted Paul to take his violin to the top of a mountain. I thought it would make an awesome picture. It might have been a good chick pic.