UFC Spring Jam Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
First off, thanks to Unfrozen Caveman for providing us again with such a great spot for a party! I had a fantastic time, am more than a bit tired, enjoyed 420 cubed, the full moon (when the bonfire wasn't outshining it), the bonfire that could heat and power a mid-sized town. The rest is a bit hazy. Great seeing so many of you up there, and I hope the Bluffs and Freddy added to the weekend's enjoyment!

I welcome all of you to talk amongst yourselves ;) I need pictures!

Last edited:
SherpaKroto said:
The rest is a bit hazy

yep - that about sums it up - I got there at 7pm friday, got home at 11:30am yesterday and what happened in b/t is a bit hazy to say the least.

anyone got pics of the cooler??? (i.e 250-300 beers in the snowbank) - that were all gone sunday am?

Awesome time and thanks for opening up the home to all.

what a cool area up that way

I have never seen a fire that big without a big red fire truck around :D

sorry sherp no pix.

go bruins!!!!

It was great to see good friends and hang out with folk, nurse my sunburn and black fly bites with internal applications of beer, enjoy listening to the band from outside 100' away, throw a frisbee around under the full moon, have to jump back from the fire every time it got a fresh round of fuel, enjoy bonfire-grilled chicken (thanks!), the most excellent snowbank beer cooler, a Bruins victory, the fact I can just barely fit length-wise in the back of the Outback if I stretch from corner to corner, and make run-on stream of consciousness posts.

Thank you UFC for your hospitality, the Bluffs for a great jam, and all the neighbors for not shutting us down. A great time, indeed. :)

Yea, ditto. Awesome pad, UFC, thanks for being a great host. The weekend was a blast. I have some photos, but I was way too tired last night to get them posted. I'll see what I can do about that tonight. It was great to see everyone, and the Bluffs sounded fantastic - if you can trust my judgment.

Thanks UFC for babysitting my kit all this time. Even getting there late on Sat and leaving early on Sunday it was worth the drive to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while... at least worth it to watch SK doing a Keith Moon impression.

Very cool times and great people... will miss it.

una_dogger said:
...I guess we need to begin thinking about the NEXT gathering???
:)
We started that back on October 17th :cool: . Seriously. With any luck the Bluffs will be the WORST band at BL'08 :rolleyes: (another tease... ;) )

It is rather funny that we're all having a tough time writing about this weekend. At least I have an excuse: I was busy :)

Doug: thanks. The mid-set handshake was a real boost! We'll miss you too! who the heck is going to point giggy upwards? :eek:

Extra Special thanks go to UFC and SK for organizing this event! Gail and I both had a great time hanging out and playing with everyone, looking forward to BL 08 this summer!!! It was great to see all of you again, wish we could do it more often, lol! :D

Thanks so much Caveman for all your hospitality.
I had a blast with all of you.
Arrived Friday night and left Sunday.
The band sounded great!!! The food was terrific.
That fire was unbelievable!!!!!!
I met alot of really nice people.
I think I'm still recovering from the party (that's all I'm saying).
What goes on at the Cave stays at the Cave.

Reactions: arm
great times!

Great times indeed!
Thanks to caveman for hosting. Great to finally get out and meet some more people. Thanks Giggy for writing the Ascutney trip report. It was a fun lil mountain with a great group of people. I will have to frequent this site more to keep up on gatherings.

Carmel said:

I love how the Corona case managed to spontaneously burst into flames even though it was outside the fire ring. That was one heckuva bonfire!

MichaelJ said:
I love how the Corona case managed to spontaneously burst into flames even though it was outside the fire ring. That was one heckuva bonfire!
Yes, it was the Corona Borealis, UFC's own little Northern Lights (show). :rolleyes:
Note to any future UFC bonfire attendees: bring a coat/jacket for insulation FROM the fire. LoggerDaveBear got sunburned on Friday night :eek:

No surprise to me that everyone had a blast. I missed all of you and can't wait to see you all sometime soon. I don't know how the Bluff's were able to pull it off without me up there on stage. :D Sure you were awesome. Pixs look great.

donna

Reactions: arm
SHHH! Carmel, you weren't supposed to tell! ;) You know your at one helluva great bonfire when the solid oak pile 15 feet away is starting to smoke, its no wonder I was getting cooked when I was playing Chef Dave! Steve, That was a big part of one of the most fun filled weekends I've had in a long time. Thanks!!! Despite being up til 5:30 am Sunday I did get up to see my bro and then on 4 hours sleep I hiked for 12 hours on Monday! :D To say the least, I'm in recovery mode today and hope to do pics and tr stuff tomorrow. So great to have spent time with everybody and good luck and good times to the Denali team!

Awesome VT

Okay, what really made the weekend??
- the weather?
- the cool people?
- the hikes?
- the jams?
- the food?
- the campfire (ie Inferno)
- the full moon?
- hot hiking females (every one of you!!)
- horseshoes, frizbee, football, acrobats > In the moonlight?
- or WAS it the beer????

Well, The Inferno may have been happening on Mt. Washington, but we had our own version! This gathering happened without a hitch thanks to the preparation of UFC and his kind offer to have us there as well as Sherpa's dedication to seeing that the band AND equipment all get there and set up.

Special stuff with snow piles still on the ground and 70+ degree days to play in.

Great boarding on Friday, fun stuff all day on Saturday. Fine people all the way around. Way to squeeze the most into a weekend!! :D

Maybe it was the full moon after all???

In case you haven't figured this out yet...I love having a little campfire in the back yard surrounded by cool people. Sounds like all attendees had a good time and that was the point of it all!!

Thank you everyone, especially the band, for all the entertainment!! And thank you to all of those that helped to clean up continously all weekend. The place was in pretty good shape when everyone left actually.

Looking forward to the next one!!

Oh, and my sister said, "Great party, those are some REALLY cool people you hang out with, everyone's so nice, I might even try hiking sometime!!"