Warrior Dash

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Dub

Reaction score
Is anybody else heading up to Windham, NY this weekend for the Warrior Dash?

I figger there must be some other crazy trailrunners on Views that would enjoy this type of event. :eek:

(Me...? I'm just in it for the hat. The Viking helmet is probably the only thing that can top Jay's devil-horn lid for cool hiking headgear. ;))

Is anybody else heading up to Windham, NY this weekend for the Warrior Dash?

I figger there must be some other crazy trailrunners on Views that would enjoy this type of event. :eek:

(Me...? I'm just in it for the hat. The Viking helmet is probably the only thing that can top Jay's devil-horn lid for cool hiking headgear. ;))

I bet my devil horns are lighter than your Viking helmet, especially if it's the real thing.. :p I'm in that ultralight crowd..

Jay

Love trail runs but 4 hours of driving is to long for this race. Do have another nighttime 7 miler coming up at the end of october

I ran the race yesterday. It was a lot of fun, although I would love a longer course with more obstacles. Weather was perfect, the Catskills were looking lovely with trees starting to change.
All in all a fun day out with friends. Still trying to get the mud out of my clothes and shoes.

I ran the race yesterday. It was a lot of fun, although I would love a longer course with more obstacles. Weather was perfect, the Catskills were looking lovely with trees starting to change.
All in all a fun day out with friends.

Ditto for today.

I'd share your opinion about the longer course if the first mile wasn't straight up the frickin' mountain! Holy crap, that was a grind. The first water crossing wasn't refreshing, no...it damned near put me hypothermic! Where did they find glacial runoff in the Catskills at this time of year? :eek: Adding injury to insult, I racked my shin on the edge of the planks leading up and out of the water -- right in front of the even photographer, who probably got a great shot of my face contorted with pain -- so I'll have a nice race souvenier for a couple weeks.

The rest of the course was a lot of fun, especially the waterslide near the end.

Still trying to get the mud out of my clothes and shoes.

OMG, you are not kidding! I think Catskill mud is a close genetic relative to Adirondack mud, meaning that my feet will be turning black the next time I wear these socks -- even after several rounds through the washer! :eek:

My fearsome Warrior face:

IMG_0097.jpg

My youngest daughter and friend did it yesterday. I was mad I didn't sign up. If it comes back next year I will definately do it.

When we left at 2:30 the two of them had the fastest times of the day for their age class. We couldn't stay til 5 or 6 to collect their trophies, that's if their times held.

Ha ha J-Dub, great photo. Of course the 'grimacing in pain' shot should be even better.
Bridgeman, no results posted as yet. I would not have waited around for a prize even if I was in the running for it but I am curious to see where I placed.

I did not think the water crossing was that cold, until my torso muscles contracted so much I could hardly breathe - it was very distressing to only be able to take shallow breaths. I had to swim most of it and once I was out I could breathe deeply again.

Same thing my daughter said about the water.

First the initial shock and not being able to breath, then having to swim through the last part.

Microbrew and turkey legs rounded out the day.

My friends said they were surprised how steep the first 1.5 miles were, and one friend got pretty cut up on the slip-n-slide.

Perhaps in a few weeks you'll see more muddy pics of some VFTT'ers after Rugged Maniac!

my daughter ended up third in her class for the day. her friend ended up second. the attached picture is her friend coming through mud mayhem

A majority of the participants were in it for a good time.

So yes, anybody can do it.