What is the equivalent of climbing Everest 16 times?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are on webster cliffs right now. Headed to lakes of the clouds tonight. Super sad to miss j&j last night. We missed them by 15 minutes. We saw the message in the dirt at 8:45 and brian tried to run after them and catch them but didn't make it in time.

we camped just north of 302. Trying to make it to pinkham without a resupply so hopefully we can get work for stay tonight at lakes. Tomorrow we will likely only get to osgood tentsite.

dawn, if we make it to pinkham tomorrow night before 10 or 11 pm, we will call but if we don't make it there, don't worry, we will try to resupply at pinkham or catch a hitch into gorham for a resupply.

batteries are getting low so i will only check email once a day at night now. Sorry we have been so hard to catch.

15 minutes???? We wish it had been 2 hours then we wouldn't be feeling quite so bad right now. You guys missed out on a great dinner. June had it all prepped and ready to go as soon as we got home.

We chatted with Daisy, Briar and Earthbound at the ET trailhead and they weren't sure where you were. We decided to head up the trail a ways and take the chance that we would run into you. Not having a clue as to where you were, we got to a point about 1.5/1.75 miles in, hung out a little bit and then just reversed direction back to the car.

We can't believe we missed you by 15 minutes. Major bummer.

We will either try to catch up with you guys at another point or we'll see you after you finish your hike.

We're happy that the weather has been really treating you well in NH so far.

John & June

Left you guys a note with the crew at Lakes hut. As of 4 PM they didn't have through hikes so hopefully you get there in time for a good meal! Keep up the good work!

Update;

I hit my target at the first view point on Webster Cliff Trail at around 10:30 this morning!
We hiked up to Jackson, and parted ways at 2:30 pm.
They appeared to be in great shape, physically and mentally. :)

As Seema mentioned, her battery is getting low, so there may not be any contact until they get to Pinkham.( she may re-charge on washington, if they let her )

Their plan is, lakes of the crowds sunday night.
Weather dictates for monday night. They hope to make it to osgood ts.
and out to pinkham tuesday 8-10 am

They also need some supplies.
I tried to help out this morning, at the ethan pond th, but, did'nt know where they were, until I questioned several tru-hikers and went on my own assumptions. ( I had no clue about j&j ).

So if anyone happens to be in the pinkham notch area tuesday morning and feel like driving to the nearest taco-bell, you would be considered Royalty!

Well we missed them this weekend.
I had all the food prepared (sweet chili, loaded w/beans)
minestrone soup, homemade corn bread, pasta salad,
green salad & gingerbread w/real whipped cream.
Hopefully we may see them this coming weekend!!!!
Nice pic Stev-o!!!!

i recharged batteries on washington. We didn't make it to osgood tonight. The weather has taken a turn for the worse and winds have been blowing between 30 and 50 mph all day. Gusts have been easily over 50mph. We have been blown around, knocked down and are exhausted and at madison hut. We did our work for stay tonight so we hope to hit the trail by 6 or 7 am. I hope the winds calm down, it is brutal out there. The temps were in the 50s so not too bad but the force of the winds is exhausting. Anyway, i think we will be at carter hut tomorrow. Will try to resupply out of pinkham.

off to text dawn. Night all.

Have been keeping updated. You two are doing terrific :cool:
WHAT A GREAT ADVENTURE!

so much has happened since last night . . . the night ended up being cold and windy and i didn't get much sleep at all and this morning we left the hut without waiting for breakfast. the night had brought cold temps and the wind had picked up even more. We struggled our way up Madison, mostly on all fours. It took 1 hour to reach the summit in the whipping winds. We were exhausted and feeling really down. It had become obvious that we weren't going to make it to Bethel for a pickup on Friday so I came up with Plan C and that means we are at Dawn's (hikethe115's) condo in North Conway. I called when I got reception descending and asked about getting picked up and she said "no problem".

Nancy and Spongebob came to pick Brian and I and 3 of our thruhiker friends. If that wasn't enough excitement, Toe Cozy was at the condo when I got there. So, I am showered and fed and HAPPY.

We will be getting a ride back to Pinkham at 7 am tomorrow and get back on the trail for 2 or 3 days. Then we go home to Boston for 3 days before the final section of NH and ME.

Thanks to everyone who has tried so hard to find us as we moved through the Whites. It has been lots of fun to see some of you, get notes from others and hear of your visits from our friends when we have missed you.

sli74

Where are you

Hi Seema! Chuck just told me to check views from the top. I have been lax lately because of lack of hiking. boooohoooo. I would love to go up and see you guys! I can't hike far at all because I would have to carry Matthew (25+ lbs) and have a broken toe that is causing all sorts of problems but would love to see you guys maybe this weekend....I hope I can see where you'll be at and go from there.

Thanks for keeping us posted! You guys look great together! Hard to believe you've been walking since February. You sure don't look it!

The Sikes

Reactions: arm
we are in maine. Wahoo. Feels great. Through the mahoosuc notch yesterday. Hopefully into andover to resupply tonight or tomorrow morning. Then near bemis stream trail tomorrow or maybe campsites near south arm rd. Then onto little swift river pond campsites on sunday night. Poplar ridge leanto monday night. Crocker cirque tuesday night. Horns pond wednesday night. Hoping to summit sometime sept 23, 24, or 25 in case anyone will be up that way. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

I was hoping you'd be summiting before those dates. I'm in Maine forn 9/6-9/19 so I will be missing your summit. Hope you have a great summit date.

We spent the night at the hostel in Andover Maine. We are heading back to the trail in a few minutes. We hope to be somewhere just past Old Blue Mtn and before Bemis Mtn shelter tonight (at South Arm Road, if the rains are bad) and then hike about 13 to 15 miles tomorrow and camp somewhere, resupply in Rangeley on Monday and be at Piazza Rock shelter Monday night. We are trying to get to Caratunk before the PO closes next Saturday, hopefully we'll make it since we have a box to pick up.