What is the equivalent of climbing Everest 16 times?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sli74 said:
we are in maine. Wahoo. Feels great. Hoping to summit sometime sept 23, 24, or 25 in case anyone will be up that way. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

If it looks like you're going to summit on a Saturday or Sunday please let me know. I'd love to share the experience with you and Brian :) :)

Name yer poison, Champagne, wine or beer :D

we had a little setback yesterday. We had to take a short day because our friend franklin fell and hurt his shoulder. We now expect to be in stratton on thursday or friday. And will likely miss our caratunk maildrop since we will be going through on sunday. Monson on sep 16 i think and probably summiting on the 25th. Just guesses right now. I will keep you posted when we resupply in stratton.

Sun SUN SUN sun SUN Sun SUN Sun SUn sUN SUN... :p

How's that? Have a most excellent finish and wish I could be there..

Jay

Seema:

Not sure if you got my emails -- we want to meet you in Caratunk. We will pick up your package at the post office on Sat., if you would like us to. Let me know via post here or email. We are planning to see you on Sunday, unless we hear otherwise from you. Hike on, girl!!

Laura

Wishing you good weather and great vftt to your finish.

"Beauty before me, With it I wander.
Beauty behind me, With it I wander.
Beauty below me With it I wander.
Beauty above me, With it I wander.
Beauty all around me, With it I wander.
On the beautiful trail I am, With it I wander."
Navajo chant

Wicked Awesome!

A cold keg would be appropriate on the summit of Kathadin............wish I could be there to deliver it....Maybe McRat can be there with ice cream on dry ice ;) .....I think it calls for a beer night when you're back in bean town :)

We have had a few rough days. I have been battling some GI issues and am only now feeling better. We did have a gorgeous day over the Saddleback Ridge because my stomach forced us to take a half day on the rainy day so there are bonuses to this sickness . . . hahaha.

We are in Stratton to resupply and will be heading to Horns Pond Leanto tonight. Somewhere between Little Bigelow Leanto and West Carry Pond Leanto tomorrow night. Near Caratunk on Sunday night. Ride the ferry Monday morning, pick up our maildrop and head on. We are looking at Sept 25 or 26 for summit day.

Gotta run. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

We are in Monson, our last trail town stop.
We are very excited and can't wait to get into the 100 mile wilderness tomorrow morning after a big breakfast at Shaws.
The reception has been pretty non-existent since Stratton and I expect that will continue to be the case so this will likely be my last update.

We expect to summit either Friday Sept 26 or Saturday Sept 27. A few of you have expressed interest in joining us and we would love the company if you can make it up there, no promises that we won't smell pretty bad though, as that seems to be the case these days.

When we reach Abol Bridge Campground, we will call one of you VFTTers and post an update of our summit day. If we get to Abol Bridge Thursday then we will summit Friday and if we only get to Abol Bridge Friday then we will summit Saturday. If I get reception in the 100 mile wilderness or if we stop at Whitehouse Landing, I will update again from there, but I expect it will be unlikely for either of those 2 cases.

Hope for good weather . . .

sli74

Enjoy the Hundred, and may Pamola welcome you! (He doesn't do that for everyone, you know.)

Update

Seema sez:

"So the weather is looking crappy for saturday. Better for friday. We
are going to try and do two 22 mile days on wed and thurs after the
19.5 today and try to summit friday. This will likely be too hard and
it will end up being saturday anyway but we are going to try like
heck. So we will see you either thurs real late, friday real early or
friday afternoon. Please update vftt for me and just let people know
that we are 50 50 between friday and saturday right now."

That's the latest update.

Gettin' close

Good luck Seema and Brian!!! You're almost there!! Wish we could be there, but we'll be with you in spirit! :)

Seema and Brian can you believe it!!!
A few more steps and you will have reached your goal.
Katahdin...congrats and wish we were there with you.
We will be there the first weekend in October.
Dreams really do come true.

I sent you an email letting you know I can't make it up there...but ENJOY IT!!!! I know the rain will not be a problem for you hardcore hikers...really, with names like Hot Cheese and Birdbath, you two can take on anything :)

I wish I could be there in person for the grand finish, but I'll be with you in spirit and will be thinking of you all day! Can't wait to talk soon.

Congratulations!

Katie