Whats on your wish list?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkpooh

Reaction score
Since the holiday season is nearly upon us....it is time to begin contemplating what new gear to get the other outdoor enthusiasts in our lives. I am particularly interested in a little help with gear/gadget department since I no longer subscribe to Backpacker. Are there any new 'can't live without' gizmos that will aid in going ultra light? Am I missing anything that 'weight be darned' is sooo perfect you'd carry it anyway (well, anything besides a mountain top jacuzzi)? So take a moment to tell me - what is on your wish list?

Check it out

Hit up backpackinglight.com and check out the gear that they sell. I'm a member there, but get nothing for referring you there...just really cool lightweight stuff. GNR

Oh my god...so many things!!

A winter tent, glacier glasses, duffle bag for my sled, a down parka, a plane ticket for Baffin Island ( :D )...

Everyone I know would probably have to all win the lottery to be able to purchase everything in my wishlist...but you can't blame a guy for wishing :D

Fish

I would like a pair of these. They would really cut down my time on a Presidential traverse!

Last edited:
Obscene amounts of money and a new aorta.

A new digital camera and waterproof case and a peaceful world to take pictures of. :)

Jay

1) Gregory Z 55 Pack
2) EMS Velocity 35 sleeping bag
3) MSR SL2 Tent or Hennesy Hammock

Those are the 3 things that I would really like to acquire so that I can move from a dayhiker to over-nighter.

Aside from forcing my family into buying a Mountain Hardwear -15 degree down bag, I still got some time to think! :D

Shire Tarptent Rainbow
Mountain Hardwear Phantom sleeping bag
Winter sleeping bag
GoLite backpack
Kathadyn ultralight filter
Those new Kathoola spikes...

The theme here is light!!

I accept gifts for Hanukah, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Solstices or any other reason - if you need my address please PM me... :D

daxs said:
Whats wrong with your aorta Neil?
Nothing that I know of. I just thought it would be cool to get a new one.

Maybe 2 spanking new patellae would be a wiser wish.

Snow for Christmas (and as a side effect a white start to winter hiking).

I could go for a good snow pack so that I could snowshoe all the way to the summit of Jefferson.